Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good deeds you've done

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 crinklestein

Was doing my theory test today and while i was waiting on my results a young lad was checking in at reception. The guy told him that he needed passport photos and there was a chemist on the corner where he could get them done. He said he hadn't any money on him and the receptionist guy was like well you're gonna lose your fee...tough sh!t kinda thing so as he went to leave i went after him and gave him my last tenner (payday tomorrow) he was so grateful and i was happy i could help him. was reading stories about generosity last night on here and just kinda got me thinking. i hope someone would do the same for me if i was stuck like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

I've returned 2 phones to their owners. i just go through the phonebook until i find "home" or "mam" and give them a ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

In the last year or so...

Returned a phone to its owner.

More recently, a guy lost his wallet in the shop I work and I picked it up. No phone numbers or anything. Just a student card.

College was closed. Jumped on Facebook and tracked him down - sent him a message. Came in later and picked it up. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

A few months back, i passed by a broken down truck near where i live.

Its driver was an oldish man, was standing out waving traffic around him(it

was quite close to a round about).

Passed him by coming home with the wife and son a few hours later, he

was still there. Felt really bad for the man, my Dad was a truck driver, i

figured he probably hadn't eaten for a good few hours.

So i made a flask of tea, few sandwichs, got bag of taytos and a few

biscuits put them into a bag and head down to say hello.

Spent an hour or so chatting, he was delighted. Nice to be nice

sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was at a neighbours bbq a couple of years ago and coped a 2 year old choking so i ran over and gave him a couple of pats on the back and he gobbed up a lump of sausage, frightened the ****e out of his mother, think she thought i was hitting him! Anyway she started crying and thanking me, think she also felt a bit guilty cause she didnt cop the young fella herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

Back in national school there was a kid in my class who had cerebral palsy(spl) so he had trouble doin some things,one day the teacher left the room and this guy sneezed and put a massive greener all over his face and in his mouth and everythin,all the rest of the class started laughin as 7 year olds do but i got a tissue and cleaned his face up for him,a long time ago i know but nice to know a i was sound even back then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Was on holiday with a few friends, just before we were all about to go out for the night, one lad had a bad reaction to something he was smoking, went feckin insane, since I was doing his sister at the time I felt some sort of guilt so stayed with him for the night while the rest of the lads went out, ended up walking around the outskirts of london with him trying to get him to calm down while he tried to eat my fingers and accused everyone of being the police.

Also woke up once to find someone choking on ther own vomit, rolled them over and went back to sleep, Im a true hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I helped an old lady across the road today, the bitch didn't want to go, but I insisted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Few years ago when i was livin in Dublin, myself and the gf had been at Bell x1 in malahide castle, at the end of the night we got talkin to a lad from Newry who'd had a bit too much to drink early on in the evening and because of this his friends had either ditched him or lost him. He had no phone, no money and because his bus was gone back to Newry no way of getting home. So we took him back to our place in Dundrum, gave him a feed and a bed, and in the morning he got his breakfast and I drove him to connolly and gave him money for the train home.

It always stuck with me that 2 strangers cared about this guy a lot more than the friends he travelled with, and i'd also hope that if me or one of my friends ended up in a similar situation someone would do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

bought me mammy a packet of soothers for her sore throat :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement