Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli plants dropping off.

Options
  • 09-07-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi all, my chillies are puzzling me.They are flowering away and tiny chillies start to form then they just fall off. Can anyone tell me whats happening?I water them when they need it but not too much.The plants are inside french doors and get good sunshine every day.Thanks in advance,,:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I grow a good few chillis and peppers,most of my plants have a few stems that die off.The plants still produce good fruits. It could be just the flowers that don't polinate.
    Get them outside on nice warm days and a nice breeze and pollinators will sort them out:) I give my plants a gentle shake once in a while to get them frisky;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Are you feeding them with tomato feed?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

tomatoe feed?yes,maybe every couple of weeks,is this correct?

igorbiscan wrote: »
    tomatoe feed?yes,maybe every couple of weeks,is this correct?

Switch to twice a week see if they then improve,

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Will do,cheers for that.
    Do you think its malnutrition causing this?

• Advertisement

igorbiscan wrote: »
    Will do,cheers for that.
    Do you think its malnutrition causing this?

Plants usually throw off fruit if they can't support it, your plants may be running low on nutrition after exhausing what nutrients wasin the pots. I didn't bother growing chillies this year because I always have way too many but typically I grow them on the same irrigation line as my toms and they would get 3-4 feeds a week and alternate with water.

Advertisement