Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capillary action (non pump) water features?

Options
  • 23-06-2011 1:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend remembers seeing a lovely water feature that was designed and installed by a spanish garden designer.

It was all done with various sizes and diameters of piping and gravity to create a lovely water cascade feature,and there was no electrical water pumps involved.It was all done with caplliary action and gravity

Does anyone here have any info on such a water feature and any pics on it??

Im very interested to see how it works.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi p 147.any more info on cappllery action water feature:Dponddigger:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ponddigger wrote: »
    hi p 147.any more info on cappllery action water feature:Dponddigger:D

Nope.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

paddy147 wrote: »
    My girlfriend remembers seeing a lovely water feature that was designed and installed by a spanish garden designer.

It was all done with various sizes and diameters of piping and gravity to create a lovely water cascade feature,and there was no electrical water pumps involved.It was all done with caplliary action and gravity

Does anyone here have any info on such a water feature and any pics on it??

Im very interested to see how it works.:)
    Sounds very interesting if a little improbable, there must have been some other force involved - have a look at this discussion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

I've seen gravity operated fountains in a number of gardens in England. Water flowing down a hill (from a reservoir) can be piped to emerge as a fountain. It just can't be re-circulated. Never heard of a capillary action fountain, can't imagine you'd get much power from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Unless the capilliary action brought the water to a small see-saw type resevoir which tips once it fills to a certain level. But I can only imagine it would be a slow start-stop type of affair.
    Did it have a solar panel by any chance? :-) Surely it nees some power source greater than cappiliary action

• Advertisement
Advertisement