Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druid Shakespeare

Options
  • 20-05-2015 11:26am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was lucky enough to see Druid Shakespeare in the Mick Lally Theatre on opening night in Galway on Saturday. I wasn't sure how I would cope with 6 hours of Shakespeare to be honest!

It is made up of four plays - Richard II, Henry IV Part I, Henry IV Part II, Henry V with intervals after each (15 mins, 30 mins, 15 minutes).

It's the best thing I have seen in ages. The actors are all superb and so impressive. Between 13 of them they play 106 characters (I think, certainly over 100) and not one of them faltered even once. The performances were so powerful and the set is perfect, they make really good use of the small space that they have - stage area is in front/middle with audience on three sides.

I'd highly recommend seeing it if you like any kind of Shakespearean work, it is full of honour, friendship, war, power struggle and of course, comedy.

You can read more about the plays and the tour over the summer here: http://druid.ie/druidshakespeare/about

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I've actually seen some of the behind the scene facebook updates over the last few weeks for this - impressive work considering their timeline, think the rehearsals were over 7 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

If anyone has 2 tickets for this that they can't use I'll buy them from you...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cormac7

...would expect no less from Druid.

Advertisement