Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Application Problem!

• 21-02-2006 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering why this message continues to pop-up when I open up Limewire:

The application Limewire quit unexpectedly

Mac OS X and otyher applications are not affected.

Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see
    more details or send a report to Apple.

I'm not much of a computer whizz so I wouldnt even bother with the Report and f**k sending it to Apple.
    If anyone can help that'll be great thanks.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You don't give version numbers but here's a few things to try.

1. Upgrade to the latest version of Java using software updater from the preferences panel.

2. Upgrade to the latest version of Limewire.

3. if the above don't work then clear the Java caches by going to
    /Applications/Utilities/Java/ Java x.x.x Plugin Settings and clearing the caches from there. This one usually works for me when that happens.

Hope this helps !

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Thanks Zener,

Yeah I'v done 1 & 2 so perhaps number 3 will be the lucky one...?:confused:
    Will inform ye if any better. Danke loads.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

bedlam wrote:
    It could be for any number of reasons, you'd have to take a look at the crash report for clues. It can be found in $HOME/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

When an application crashes and I go to Crash Reporter, what am I looking for there? It may be simple for those who know, but when I open it, all I see are lines of text, such as the following, when Safari crashed on me...

0x9a0c6000 - 0x9a0e9fff libjpeg.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libjpeg.jnilib
    0x9a123000 - 0x9a12cfff libnet.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libnet.jnilib
    0x9a138000 - 0x9a165fff libsuncmm.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libsuncmm.jnilib
    0x9a16d000 - 0x9a178fff libzip.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libzip.jnilib
    0x9a44b000 - 0x9a536fff libawt.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Libraries/libawt.jnilib

Can anyone decipher the above, the last 4 lines in the report and tell me what it means, please?

It's one thing I never concern myself with, but maybe I should. when I opened up the Safari crash report, the Console Log opened up as well. What is that for? What does it do? Can it help me?

Thank you

Damo

Looks like Java issues. Follow the steps above. Run software update. What version of OS X are you using ?

ZEN

Yo Zen that no.3 I thought did something then i got home and its still f..-messed up!

• Advertisement

How do you mean "thought it did something" ? What happened ?

Did these problems coincide with any system updates you did ? What versions of Limewire/OSX/Java have you got installed?

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

ZENER wrote:
    Looks like Java issues. Follow the steps above. Run software update. What version of OS X are you using ?

ZEN

I'm running OS X4.4 Tiger. I saw the reference to Java 1.4.2 in the log, so after that, what do I do with that information?

It's great to have this help, and I'd like to be able to learn from it, so I can help others who I find have the same problems.

Damo

Originally Posted by ZENER
    How do you mean "thought it did something" ? What happened ?

Did these problems coincide with any system updates you did ? What versions of Limewire/OSX/Java have you got installed?

Well i opened the program in college and it seemed grand but I wasnt connected to the internet. then when I got back home i tried it again and it opened then after closing the tips box it shut down.

My laptop is fully updated with top versions of Java and iTunes.

About 2 or 3 times Limewire has misbehaved on me and clearing the Java cache has sorted it out. I'm not sure it's going to be easy helping you sort this out without knowing a bit more about your setup.

Have you installed the new Java 5 setup from Apple: J2SE 5.0. If this is in the /Applications/Utilities/Java folder then there should be a preferences icon with in the J2SE 5.0 folder. In here you can set which version of the Java system you want apps to run in. You could try this, and clear the caches from within this app.

Are you using Limewire Pro or just the free version ?

ZEN

I'm using the free version.:)

• Advertisement

yeah still got the problem.

anybody out there that can help?
    0x99fb5000 - 0x9a2dbfff libjvm.dylib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libjvm.dylib
    0x9a30b000 - 0x9a30bfff libcmm.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libcmm.jnilib
    0x9a344000 - 0x9a360fff libjava.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libjava.jnilib
    0x9a36b000 - 0x9a372fff libverify.dylib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libverify.dylib
    0x9a3d1000 - 0x9a3f4fff libjpeg.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libjpeg.jnilib
    0x9a433000 - 0x9a43efff libnet.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libnet.jnilib
    0x9a442000 - 0x9a446fff libnio.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libnio.jnilib
    0x9a44b000 - 0x9a491fff libsuncmm.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libsuncmm.jnilib
    0x9a49a000 - 0x9a4a6fff libzip.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libzip.jnilib
    0x9fdce000 - 0x9fdddfff liblaf.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/liblaf.jnilib
    0x9fde3000 - 0x9fe32fff libfontmanager.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libfontmanager.jnilib
    0x9fe4c000 - 0x9ff9cfff libawt.jnilib /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Libraries/libawt.jnilib

That is some of the following rubbish ( to me) in the crash reporter.

Advertisement