Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro Heat

Options
  • 19-04-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I finally got my Macbook yesterday. :D

Just a few points I'd like to raise since a few before me have too:

> People have been mentioning the whine of the machine, but to be honest i haven't noticed it. I read that Apple have installed Rev D motherboards to stop this. Seems its working!

> The heat! I was using it on the bus and after 45 minutes I had to take it off my lap! It chucks out serious heat. But then its got a metal chassis and not a plastic one, so I'm not actually too surprised in retrospect.

Other than the heat it's a deadly machine! Very fast, great to look at, user friendly... The Macbook is an all-round winner.

Now all they have to do is change the name...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I would have expected faster DVD and CD speeds for the price of the MacBook though - 24x for CDs and 4x for DVDs - could be and should be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hmm... you're right. 8x DVD-RW should be standard on computers by now.
    Altho, that would probably lead to more heat...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ciaranr

What's the battery life like, in reality and not from the official stats?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Not great to be honest. Though, with the screen turned all the way down, I was able to watch a Lord Of War Divx last night no problem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Makes me wanna buy one with Boot Camp so i can use windows for certain programs in college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

What's the battery life like, in reality and not from the official stats?

Well I'll be honest the day I got it I had it on the bus and the battery went from 100% to 78% in about 45 minutes. I was using a Microsoft Word like program. I was impressed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

yes i have to agree apple think of everything the heat that comes from my one is unreal ... saves going on holiday though.

Advertisement