Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Price

• 19-04-2006 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to pick a few peoples brains about the price of PowerBook. The spec is:

12.1-inch TFT Display with 1024x768 resolution
    1 GHz PowerPC G4
    512MB memory (DDR PC2700 SDRAM)
    80GB 5400 rpm hard drive
    Slot-load 8x SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 graphics card with 64MB DDR memory
    Full size keyboard
    10/100BASE-T Ethernet
    USB 2.0 and FireWire 400
    Airport Extreme card already installed.

I want to buy it so I can try out OS-X for about or two before buying an iMac so I want to know if its a good deal and if it will hold its price for two months. Its been offered to me for €800

PDD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You'd probably be better off getting a Mac Mini if you just feel like trying out the operating system. They start at just €659 and come with the Intel processor now as well.

EDIT: oh I see... it's a 2nd hand unit. €800 sounds like a fair enough price for that. What version of OS X is on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you have a monitor and/or USB mouse & keyboard (and don't mind that it's not a laptop), I'd go for a new macMini too.
    Still, €800 sounds grand for that PB, but TBH you might as well save your pennies for that iMac.

Oh yeah -- why bother "trying out" OSX? Just do what most of us did -- switch! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Yeah I think I will just take the plunge and get a 20" iMac

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DerekpFox

hey if you aren't buying the powerbook (iMac is a pretty beautiful machine) will the person u were going to buy it off willing to part with it for between €500 to €600 for it coz i'm looking for one for college and i think that its pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

jeasus PDD, will you just buy a mac already :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement