Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GALAXY ACE?

• 24-05-2012 7:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Is this phone any good.? want to get one for my mom.

was gonna get one soon actually in the uk, for 90gbp.

just need for skype basically, she has not touched anything since here nokia... about 15 years old now i think that is.

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

For skype you say?

The Galaxy Ace doesn't have a front facing camera so that won't be much fun! You'd need to get a higher spec android with a front facing camera.. Bear in mind too though that Skype generally doesnt run too well on lower spec androids..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

i just drove an hour to see one only to find it did not even work on my irish sim, was told it was unlocked.

what a pos

any other phones...? i dont want to spend too much as my mom cant even text on a 10 year old nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

i just drove an hour to see one only to find it did not even work on my irish sim, was told it was unlocked.

what a pos

any other phones...? i dont want to spend too much as my mom cant even text on a 10 year old nokia.

Then dont get her a smartphone. A cheap droid will just drive her nuts. You're gonna wanna spend 150+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

For Skype?

You can get this Windows phone in UK

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/NOKIA-LUMIA-710-VOD10-WEB10?affiliateId=47868

Not Android but will do the trick.

Advertisement