Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Ace- Buy or not?

Options
  • 10-03-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭

I need a new phone, my one finally gave up tonight. I want a slick phone that is capable of lots of stuff and is generally nice to use. I played with it in store yesterday and I was pretty happy with it and for 279, it feels like it should be at the same level as the galaxy s.

I will probably be going to buy it in the next 30 minuted or so. If there are reason I shouldn't before I leave?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Galaxy S is still miles better.
    Better CPU/GPU. Screen resolution is twice as good on Galaxy S & its an AMOLED.
    More internal storage on the Galaxy S too.
    Bigger battery in Galaxy S also.

Only plus on the Ace is the LED camera flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

ongarite wrote: »
    Galaxy S is still miles better.
    Better CPU/GPU. Screen resolution is twice as good on Galaxy S & its an AMOLED.
    More internal storage on the Galaxy S too.
    Bigger battery in Galaxy S also.

Only plus on the Ace is the LED camera flash.
    Ya but I don't know anywhere where you can get a Galaxy S on prepay in a shop for that price. Galaxy S is close to 200 euro more. I think it is a fair compromise.

Gone to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

You would have bought a Galaxy S on adverts for that price.

xtal191 wrote: »
    You would have bought a Galaxy S on adverts for that price.
    I had been looking out on adverts for the last 2 weeks and none have appeared in Limerick. Can't really travel to Dublin from Limerick as I'm 16. Also, it would add costs to the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

So did ya get the ace?

seanybiker wrote: »
    So did ya get the ace?
    Ya, I did. My number hasn't ported yet though and the guy in the shop said not to put in the credit until it has ported incase it went missing so haven't got full use of it yet.

I love it, have to say. My friend got a Wave for 350 just last week and for the extra he paid he got a better screen and a better processor. Although Bada is a nice OS and very similar to android, the support for it isn't there yet and I would still pick mine over his everytime.

Build quality feels good, doesn't feel as plasticy as it looks. I haven't had a chance to play with many apps yet but I do feel I will need to root and set up a2sd as I've thrown on 3 or 4 and I think 23 mb is gone. Speed wise I haven't noticed lag yet and I haven't had a chance to test camera or battery life yet.

Love the sywpe keyboard and browsing on it seems tidy enough, although not as nice as the HTC system of fitting webpages by squish to screen when zooming.

Overall, I'm delighted with it, even if it was a bit steep price wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That's good to hear. Onwards and upwards lol. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

After buying the Galaxy Ace. Class piece of kit. Well fast and excellent camera.

Advertisement