Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afraid I won't get the points I need..

Options
  • 26-05-2014 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

It's coming extremely close to the most dreaded 2 weeks of my life and I'm stressing myself out as I am afraid I will not attain the points I need for my course.. I have done very little study and I regret it so much now! I always say I regret leaving things to the last minute but I still do it without fail.. I received poor mock results(230points) and I want to jump to at least 300 in the real thing! I'm afraid this won't happen but.. My course stood at about 250 points in 2013 and I know my mock results aren't too far from that but I'm afraid in years to come that an employer will look at my points and refuse to offer me a position because of the low points.. Can anyone help me or give me any advice? It would be greatly appreciated!! Last but not least is it too late to start now? have I really messed up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

The way I see it, even putting in a mere 15 minutes every day is better than doing nothing. I still leave things until last minute but just a few minutes a day (forget about hours) would be a good start. It will get the ball rolling and you'll do a bit more than you planned. Where as if you plan to do loads and don't you'll lose interest.

You'll look back next year and think what was all the stress about and laugh at all the people stressing out before exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Also....

Although it may seem important now, and it is, it's nowhere near as important as you think it is. Trust me when I say that you'll look back at this period a few years down the line and know exactly what I mean.

Employers? They won't ever, and I can't stress 'ever' quite enough, ask about your LC results unless they're the only results you have. This actually came up in conversation last week, it being that time of year. Eight people racked their creaky forty-something memories. Not one of us could ever remember being asked in an official capacity, 'how did you do in your leaving cert'. TBH, although I'm sure my cert is about somewhere, I couldn't for the life of me tell you where.

Go to bed. There's studyin' to be done tomorrow! The rest of your life starts in mid June. Best summer of your life, by the way. You'll owe nothing to nobody.

Good luck with it.

Advertisement