Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Ordinary Irish

Options
  • 22-05-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

At the moment I'm really worrying about ordinary Irish are class has practically done nothing and I have no clue about the paper. I was hoping if someone could explain the paper clearly for me. For instance for Prós, is it enough to know Cáca Milis, Oisín i dTír na nÓg and An Gnáthrud? Also do you have to study all of the five poems on the course? If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

I got a C last year - sat the oral exam (minimal knowledge), answered the listening comprehension.. a bit on the two essays, reading comprehensions and that was it. Completely ignored the poetry/story section. The only revision I did was the night before Paper 1, by brushing up on my stories/emails/blogs etc.

I'm not advocating that you only study the night before, but I know of a guy who scraped a D with nearly zero knowledge of the course. If you're looking for a pass, you will more than likely achieve a good result - given that you at least know some of the poems/stories needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SuperRobotWars

Cheers man, I'm just really nervous as if I don't pass I can't get into UCD. My Oral was pretty bad although the Sraith Pictiur was okay the comhra was just awful.....I'm studying Colscaradh as they haven't asked that at all so it has to come up and hopefully study two others poems. Also for the short stories I'm going to study an Gnáthrud, Caca Milis and Oisin i dTír na nÓg. The blog and comhra on paper one I'll prepare a few days in advance. Hopefully that will cover me.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭PaleMoonlight

Well, Caca Milis came up last year so you might be better off studying Hurlamaboc (came up in 2012), but then again who knows what will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaireC94

My Irish teacher broke down what she thinks will be important, tine sa teach, cor na scoile, coimhoibriu an pobail, duine cailiul, seasons and weather, fheilte na heireann, an teicneolaiocht and slainte na nog, most of which are in the sraith pic notes!

The most likely stories and poems this year are Colscaradh and An Gnathrud since they haven't come up on the new course yet, and Geibheann and An tEarrach Thiar + Hurlamaboc and Oisin didn't come up last year!

Also last year there was no formal letter in the ceapadoireacht, no happy/good news story, and 2 AL blogs and 1 Ac blog so that could be something to look at!

Hope that's of some help anyway!

Advertisement