Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Holy ****, looks more like Nani, can't wait to see how much of a difference it makes.

I just love the anticipated surge of Ando's talent to take over the EPL but as always we will surely be left down.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Good to see Will Keane and Larnell Cole (or is it Cofie?) training with the first team. Keane looks so skinny though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Indeed.

Phil Jones out for 6 weeks with a broken jaw? He was out for 4 days.

Took them 4 days to find a welder to take on the job......... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Good to see Will Keane and Larnell Cole (or is it Cofie?) training with the first team. Keane looks so skinny though!

will be interestin to see who goes out on loan in the next month. could tell us how serious fergie will treat the uefa cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jambofc wrote: »
    berba's contract has been extended by the year

never thought that wouldn't happen to be honest. Even if we are planning for next season without him, makes more sense to sign him up for the year and make some money in the summer.

What is interesting is whether we will option the extension on Pogba's contract - or just let him go if he does not want to sign a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

jambofc wrote: »
    berba's contract has been extended by the year

Do you reckon he will play against Blackburn?
    I reckon you will score a sackful of goals and you will rest a good few players again, maybe Nani?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If Pogba wants to leave, which Im not convinced of the club should still extend his contract and try get a price for him, if rumors of multiple clubs being interested in him should he leave us then surely one will agree a fee to make sure they get first pop at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Regarding other teams winning the league, you can't use current or past form to predict the future.

Millions of bookmaking offices around the world have just imploded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7402604/

Would be nice, only thing is that the QPR team doesn't strike me as having the best influences for a head the ball like Macheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'd prefer him going to Wigan cause he'd still be around Manchester...easier to keep an eye on him as opposed to him being in London!

• Advertisement

if kiko is to make it at united, he needs to get his ass in gear asap.

a spell at a prem club is a must, sending him out foreign just is a waste of time.

qpr would be good for him i am sure. not, to send diouf out also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Is match on tv tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

On ESPN.

Sligored wrote: »
    Is match on tv tomorrow

99% sure it's on ESPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Picture of Anderson, looks like Neymar.

Can't wait for the match tomorrow, hope I wake up for it. A nice thumping would be lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Hopefully a win, can't take it for granted. Bookies are certainly.

A city loss along the way somewhere soon would be good. We have massive games away from home to play yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fergie has said that Cleverley is nowhere near a return yet. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

kmart6 wrote: »
    I'd prefer him going to Wigan cause he'd still be around Manchester...easier to keep an eye on him as opposed to him being in London!

+1. Him and the girls down there would not be a good mix.

• Advertisement

Fergie has said that Cleverley is nowhere near a return yet. :(

Thats just sickening. For the simple reason that he got taken out by fcuking K no talent Davies fcuking A Hole :mad:

Dying to see Cleverly back. Had such a bright start to the season. No point in rushing him though, he'll be back soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

These injury problems are bloody annoying.

Dying to see Cleverly back. Had such a bright start to the season. No point in rushing him though, he'll be back soon enough.

Hopefully quicker than Fergie is letting on. This is what he said:
    Less encouraging was Sir Alex's assertion that Michael Owen and Tom Cleverley are "still nowhere near" returning to action, and he added that the latter has been sorely missed.

"Cleverley’s a massive loss," he said. "He, to my mind, is probably the best midfield player in Britain, potentially. He has fantastic promise, so it’s a loss to us."

Hopefully quicker than Fergie is letting on. This is what he said:

Thats a balls. I thought he'd be back within the next 2-3 weeks. That makes it sound a lot longer. Even though he's sorely missed, our midfield isn't doing too bad at all, Jones and Carrick are solid there, but with the injuries, its tough.

Edit, since its past 12, might as well. Happy Birthday to Sir Alex Ferguson, 70 today. Hope we have many more great memories with him.

article-0-0BF6E9A300000578-679_634x364.jpg

Maybe one of SAF's mind games. Let city think we're weak before the FA cup tie then let him lose? :D hopefully anyway. He has been a big loss over the doom and gloom period.

I can't believe it's taken the boys so long to get over the LOSS :mad: usually we bounce back from these things in impressive fashion but this one seems too have taken its toll on the boys more then usual. Thankfully it looks like its out of the system and reversed our fortunes and have managed too get level on points and cut the big goals difference.

The one nils were good but christ we played ****e for most of them and didn't inspire me with confidence but the last 3/4 games were good and the spirits have picked and im looking forward too the new year. GGMU :D Always!

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Big Man 70/25 WOW

WE LOVE YOU!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

user2011 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Big Man 70/25 WOW

WE LOVE YOU!!!

He's 2.8?

Samich wrote: »
    He's 2.8?

Because im drunk i'll answer:P 70 his age:D 25 United :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Obviously the scientists are wrong about the secret to staying young . The great man has proven that abusing the ****e out of referees and the authorities in general is the way to stay young at heart. Long live our leader!!!!!!

article-0-0BF6E9A300000578-679_634x364.jpg

perhaps my favourite moment of last season. he did that a few yards in front of where we sit in the strettie.

amazing pic and unbelieveable how humble he was that day. amazing man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Here's to another 70. Happy birthday, Fergie.

rehashing this, just for the s*its and giggles. one of the best photoshops of 2011....:D

229731_210151965685902_107703099264123_685464_2894981_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

never thought that wouldn't happen to be honest. Even if we are planning for next season without him, makes more sense to sign him up for the year and make some money in the summer.

What is interesting is whether we will option the extension on Pogba's contract - or just let him go if he does not want to sign a new one.

imo the only reason we took the option is so we get money for him in the summer
    Do you reckon he will play against Blackburn?
    I reckon you will score a sackful of goals and you will rest a good few players again, maybe Nani?

i'd rather chico get more game time but if berbs plays i hope it's behind roo,miss roo being the main striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Jesus lads, you's are approaching RAWK levels of cringe in here. Poems about the manager next?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm seeing quotes from SAF on twitter that he sees himself at the club for at most another 3 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'm seeing quotes from SAF on twitter that he sees himself at the club for at most another 3 seasons.

Talksport just said the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have prepared numerous poems about Fergie if you wish to hear them my friend?

thats one of the poorest squads united have put out for a league match in a long time.

theres 14 players missing who would be better than those on the bench.

kryogen wrote: »
    I have prepared numerous poems about Fergie if you wish to hear them my friend?

Are they as heart felt as the RAWK one's about Rafa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Jesus lads, you's are approaching RAWK levels of cringe in here. Poems about the manager next?

Sir Alex - The best,
    you conquered the rest,
    You don't need to pose,
    With United you rose,
    You are our provider,
    In January please don't buy Wesley Sneijder,
    Instead buy Ozil,
    The frog eyed looking weasel,
    I hope you stay longer,
    As we continue to grow stronger,
    Your as clean as a white dove,
    Sir Alex you hold our love.

There is that cringeworrhy enough?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I never really listen to what he says in that regard. After Moscow '08 he said in big interview ''two or three years left...two years, I promised my Wife etc.''

Yeah, it's gone almost 4 years since:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Le King wrote: »
    Sir Alex - The best,
    you conquered the rest,
    You don't need to pose,
    With United you rose,
    You are our provider,
    In January please don't buy Wesley Sneijder,
    Instead buy Ozil,
    The frog eyed looking weasel,
    I hope you stay longer,
    As we continue to grow stronger,
    Your as clean as a white dove,
    Sir Alex you hold our love.

I want a poem in iambic pentameter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

You asked for a poem that rhymes,
    Alex Ferguson, United nineteen times.

Le King wrote: »

Its certainly getting there alright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Sorry lads if this has been posted already - i know i've seen it before recently but can't remember if it was here or elsewhere.

In any case, what an enjoyable 21 minutes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Its certainly getting there alright..

It was there and went well beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I think we may need a midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

We shouldn't be rotating our starting goalkeepers. It's absolutely ridiculous in both practise and theory, especially when one of them inspires no confidence at all. Lindegaard is clearly the far better keeper, pulling him and out of the team to make it look like we still have confidence in De Gea is retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That.was.sh1te.
    Can't use the excuse that De Gea hasn't cost us any points anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Patched up team or not, the way they let that game fizzle out having got back to 2-2 is inexcusable and baffling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement