Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This strike could prove to be a bit annoying in terms of getting tickets posted out. 3 weeks to go so no need to panic yet I suppose.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/postal-chaos-as-strike-by-key-an-post-workers-continues-and-could-go-on-indefinitely-31578538.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    This strike could prove to be a bit annoying in terms of getting tickets posted out. 3 weeks to go so no need to panic yet I suppose.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/postal-chaos-as-strike-by-key-an-post-workers-continues-and-could-go-on-indefinitely-31578538.html

You would hope there is a contingency in cases like this. Looks like today we'll get the last bit of post until this is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Buggers.

I haven't got mine yet.

I wonder if Ticketmaster could issue them from ticketmaster UK to my aunt's address in the North?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Buggers.

I haven't got mine yet.

I wonder if Ticketmaster could issue them from ticketmaster UK to my aunt's address in the North?

Same here i'm going to see if they will issue it from one of the little TM kiosks they have instead. On the site it does say not to worry if you don't receive your tickets they will make sure you gain entry. Hopefully it won't come to that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

They'll just ask you to bring the card you bought with to their box office & collect there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Bit of a pain in the arse though, there's 5 of us going, I'll be down on the Friday, the other 4 are coming in 3 separate cars on Saturday!

I'd rather just give them their tickets in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Strike is over relax lads

• Registered Users Posts: 36 madeofbraille

ACANDROID wrote: »
    Given the amount of money Irish fans have dumped into the UFC, I will feel cheated if they give us another watered down show with no Bruce Buffer, he announced Berlin, Poland and Scotland so I am sure he will do here too.

Its Andy Friedlander. Was announced quite a while back he was doing the event.

I couldn't believe Buffer was at Glasgow, it makes no sense that he isn't coming to Dublin too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Its Andy Friedlander. Was announced quite a while back he was doing the event.

I couldn't believe Buffer was at Glasgow, it makes no sense that he isn't coming to Dublin too.

Fcuk sake.

That's very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Jessica eye second guest fighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

but1er wrote: »
    Jessica eye second guest fighter

Difficult to get excited about her tbh.

She would be getting cut any day now if it weren't for the fact that there is only like 20-something fighters in her division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

DK224 wrote: »
    First Guest UFC fighter is gonna be announced at 1pm today.
    The teaser is that "he won fight of the night honours at the MGM Grand".

A little bit vague but got to assume its from the McGregor card in July and that its Rory McDonald as he's part of the Duffy camp?

was this announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Depp wrote: »
    was this announced?
    Yeah Rory was announced as the first Guest fighter yesterday

ssss.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Yeah Rory was announced as the first Guest fighter yesterday

Not so bad, does that mean he'll be involved in the q&a or will he just be around in general?

If its like last year Fightclub members will get photos and signed pics with each guest fighter before the weigh-ins. Not sure about the Q&A yet but I find it hard to believe Conor won't be involved in some form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Really poor card, Only Duffy Dustin P is worth it's salt. Crazy prices charged for what essentially is a cagewarriors gig with one top class fight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If its like last year Fightclub members will get photos and signed pics with each guest fighter before the weigh-ins. Not sure about the Q&A yet but I find it hard to believe Conor won't be involved in some form

Jessica Eye and Rory MacDonald are guest fighters so is that what you mean by the Q&A?

I saw it on the UFC Europe twitter page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Really poor card, Only Duffy Dustin P is worth it's salt. Crazy prices charged for what essentially is a cagewarriors gig with one top class fight.

As long as these sub-standard shows keep selling out across Europe, the prices will only go up.

I think this card is a lot better than some of the other European fight nights, but I couldn't justify buying myself a ticket with 194 coming up soon and the cost of that.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Jessica Eye and Rory MacDonald are guest fighters so is that what you mean by the Q&A?

Just for anyone going for the first time or not sure how it works.
    Last year they had 5 guest fighters Forrest Griffin, Cub Swanson, Luke Barnatt, Jimi Manuwa, and Eddie Gordon.

Doors opened to UFC Fight Club members at 2pm.

Fightclub Members got a free fight poster and queued to take a photo and get signed photo with each of the 5 guest fighters.

This all finished well before weigh-ins for the event started at 4pm.

After the weigh in was finished they had a Q&A with 3 of the guest fighters at 5pm for one hour.

This is pretty much standard fare so I'm assuming they'll add a few more guest fighters but I'd surprised if Conor didn't make some sort of appearance if he was still in town

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

After the weigh in was finished they had a Q&A with 3 of the guest fighters at 5pm for one hour.

All of the guest fighters were part of the Q&A and will be again this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I don't think much of Dalby v Till being on the main card, but Miocic v Rothwell is capable of headlining any Fight Pass card, even in America. That's an absolutely cracking bout for a co-main. Hoolahan v Smolka also a very, very interesting match-up stylistically and of course there's the Duffy v Poirier bout too. The prelims are standard fare for a Fight Pass card in Europe with plenty of home fighters involved as is the norm.

I think it's fair to compare it on paper to what Glasgow, Berlin and Poland were given recently and even including the fact Jedrzejczyk defended her title in Berlin I feel this card overall is definitely better than Berlin and Poland and it's probably at worst equal to Glasgow.

In terms of atmosphere, production and quality of fighters lets be honest here - it blows the socks off any Cage Warriors event and it's hyperbolic to say it's near similar.

Is it expensive? Yes, but it just seems a bit sour grapes calling it a Cage Warriors type card with one top class fight when there's certainly 2 top class fights on it and it's a better card than the vast majority of cards in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Number 3 vs number 7 heavyweights certainly is not poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads don't bite.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

ASOT wrote: »
    Lads don't bite.....

I don't honestly think he's trolling but it's groundhog day. All these same comments were made last year and the event itself was epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,596 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't think much of Dalby v Till being on the main card, but Miocic v Rothwell is capable of headlining any Fight Pass card, even in America. That's an absolutely cracking bout for a co-main. Hoolahan v Smolka also a very, very interesting match-up stylistically and of course there's the Duffy v Poirier bout too. The prelims are standard fare for a Fight Pass card in Europe with plenty of home fighters involved as is the norm.

I think it's fair to compare it on paper to what Glasgow, Berlin and Poland were given recently and even including the fact Jedrzejczyk defended her title in Berlin I feel this card overall is definitely better than Berlin and Poland and it's probably at worst equal to Glasgow.

In terms of atmosphere, production and quality of fighters lets be honest here - it blows the socks off any Cage Warriors event and it's hyperbolic to say it's near similar.

Is it expensive? Yes, but it just seems a bit sour grapes calling it a Cage Warriors type card with one top class fight when there's certainly 2 top class fights on it and it's a better card than the vast majority of cards in Europe.

Well said. But I'm afraid you logic will fall on deaf ears.
    I don't honestly think he's trolling but it's groundhog day. All these same comments were made last year and the event itself was epic.

This.

I remember cringing at the whinging last year. There I was overseas, a little jealous that I'd be missing was shaping up to be a milestone event. And all I could think of how bizarre people's attitude was to the whole thing. I've been to most Australian events, some have been fantastic cards. But you can't mean an emotional connection the Dublin Event.

Guest Fighter number 3 is Max Holloway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Guest Fighter number 3 is Max Holloway

Hah. It really is the McGregor show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Saipanne wrote: »
    Hah. It really is the McGregor show.

I don't understand this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I don't understand this?

Poirier, Duffy, Holloway. May as well invite Brimage and co while they're at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Saipanne wrote: »
    Poirier, Duffy, Holloway. May as well invite Brimage and co while they're at it.
    Using McGregors voice on the official preview too, cant blame ufc though, theyll use him to hype anything they can, even cards he's not fighting on.
    Im half expecting some fans in the crowd to be booing Joe Duffy from Conors recent comments on him :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement