Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight night barnett vs nelson

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

jcd5971 wrote: »
    dunno man brandao was doing this before mcg and now doing it after.
    have to disagree with you, but in a friendly exchange of views kind of disagree.

The difference as I said is his approach to fighting, not just him getting wins. He used to miss weight and was just lazy in his approach. Since the loss to McGregor hes upped his game and comes in looking lean and ready to fight and is taking it more seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Didnt he threaten someone with a knife as well a while back?

He was reported have told Poirier he would stab him in the neck before their fight. Its the same fight that he weighed in 7 pounds over the limit. Clearly with that kind of carry on he wasnt taking things seriously and needed a reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Axwell wrote: »
    The difference as I said is his approach to fighting, not just him getting wins. He used to miss weight and was just lazy in his approach. Since the loss to McGregor hes upped his game and comes in looking lean and ready to fight and is taking it more seriously.

maybe, anyway no big deal we will just agree to disagree and move on,

anyway I have mizugaki for this one

Lots of effort in this fight but I wish someone was just finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

This Rogan fight companion is bloody weird.

Octopus talk while watching UFC is a weird experience alright!

Yeah it's always a bit tangential but it's bonkers tonight I enjoy it though.

I'd love to see Joe do an MMA fight. He has TKD and BJJ . Id say he would do well. I know he is 48 but I mean if he fought someone that age just for the hell of it!

• Advertisement

I'd love to see Joe do an MMA fight. He has TKD and BJJ . Id say he would do well. I know he is 48 but I mean if he fought someone that age just for the hell of it!

Nah he's admitted before on podcast that his jiu jitsu and stand up is sub par, plus why risk it his podcast is thought provoking I rarely miss it, he has the commentary, and apparently he's a funny stand up seen him live in ka theater in mgm during mcgregor vegas in July and was awsone

Throw him in against CM Punk!!!

Finally the next fight is on

Throw him in against CM Punk!!!

Finally the next fight is on

Put on a better fight than Punk vs Pendred anyway....ugh

I have said it before and I will say it again!

I wish the UFC got rid of the flyweight division. Just doesnt interest me

Are you mental, this fight is great.

Ah that's nuts this fight is great

• Advertisement

Finally its over and the show can go on..... :pac:

Uriah Hall... Flash in the pan or developing fighter???!!

Uriah Hall... Flash in the pan or developing fighter???!!

Big hype after TUF, hasnt lived up to it really though. Needs a big win here to show hes the real deal. Dont see him getting it though, Mousasi on points.

Will he go for the spinning heel kick again tho? be great if he connected again but Hall maybe a bit mentally suspect. I mean in fighting terms

I predicted it kinda!! lol

• Advertisement

Damnnnn Uriah, came out of the blocks there like a bull. Was getting a beating throughout the first.

Fu*k.

Hall really has worked on his ground game especially his defence.

Nice to see him do well with all the pressure on him

Eh sure.. :rolleyes:

Hope this main fight doesnt disappoint now after staying up through an average enough card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

RIGHT in the FACE, John!

Great win for him though - Mousassi is world class and the finish was unreal.

Scary Urijah Hall is scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Will he go for the spinning heel kick again tho? be great if he connected again but Hall maybe a bit mentally suspect. I mean in fighting terms

The timing on that was sublime. He really turned it on after a tough first round.

When he is on he really is a threat to anyone. Nobody's ever stopped Mousassi like that ever.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CP4gKfQVEAAtJNT.mp4

CP4fvO5WEAAgVls.jpg

Will he go for the spinning heel kick again tho? be great if he connected again
    Eh sure.. :rolleyes:

Somewhat close !!!! :cool:

Somewhat close !!!! :cool:

Wrong kick and it didnt finish the fight..but you keep telling yourself that :)

Ok Everyone.........

Now is the time to put on that electric blanket and put on your jammies if they are not on already! Countdown to bed has begun!

2 slobs here in the main event, gonna lose on my double of Hall (which I thought was the hard part) and this fight to not go the distance

• Advertisement

Barnett to win due to a Nelson heart attack?!!

Well that was disappointing, didnt expect it to go to the judges. Nelson pretty one dimensional and had nothing in the tank from the end of the second round onwards. Barnett rarely looked like getting the KO even though he was in control for the most part.

Actually nodded off

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Really wish they'd stop throwing heavyweights in the twilight of their career into main events at UFC Fight Nights. Hall vs. Mousasi was enjoyable, as was Brandao's victory but Nelson vs. Barnett was awful and it's hardly surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Catching up on the last couple of fights as I fell asleep last night.

Really, really happy for Uriah Hall. One of my favourite fighters but I must admit I gave up on him after the Natal fight. I hope it clicks for him now though I do remain skeptical that it ever will. That win should get him into the top 10 but it's hard to know who he'll fight next. The top guys are all booked up and Hall is still a win or two away from them. Bisping is booked up and Kennedy won't be back, especially for a fight with Hall. Maybe Leites or perhaps even Machida in the new year?

I never, ever thought I'd see a Roy Nelson fight go more than 3 rounds never mind the distance! 50-45 was a ridiculous scorecard in the main event from one judge, personally had it 48-47. A very boring fight however as it was just Barnett winning in the clinch for the vast majority. Barnett actually received a $50,000 performance bonus, ****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paully D wrote: »
    50-45 was a ridiculous scorecard in the main event from one judge, personally had it 48-47.

TBH I thought the 2 48-47's were the stranger scores, Barnett controlled the whole fight and took it wherever he wanted, at a push the round Nelson got the takedown got on top you could perhaps see that for him but he lost every round pretty much. Barnetts clinch and takedown defense ruled in an utter snorefest. Uriah Hall though :eek::eek::eek: delighted for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I seem to be one of the few who enjoyed the main event. Masterful game plan by Barnett, ducking under Nelsons right and just holding his right arm in the clinch so he couldn't use it. I thought he controlled the whole fight and kept a decent pace.

That spinning back kick from Hall was savage. Brandao impressive too.

Roy Nelson has to be my least favourite fighter on the roster. It would be a stretch to even call him a one trick pony. He's a disgrace to the sport

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

weemcd wrote: »
    Roy Nelson has to be my least favourite fighter on the roster. It would be a stretch to even call him a one trick pony. He's a disgrace to the sport

I know right? A one-dimensional fighter is someone who can only strike. Roy Nelson is a one dimensional striker.

How he is main eventing in the UFC I will never understand. To me he would be a low to mid carder in Bellator. I think he's similar to Kimbo Slice but a slightly worse fighter with none of the menace or backstory. He's only marketable quality is his hair and the fact that he seems like a redneck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Uriah Hall is a stud. I thought he did very well to avoid being submitted or take too much damage in the first & then land something heavy on Mousasi in the second. Looking forward to his next fight.

Always have a little giggle when a fighter picks this for his walk-out song;

..born down in a dead man's town,
    the first kick I took was when I hit the ground,
    end up like a dog that's been beat too much,
    'til you spend half your life just covering up..

Booorn..in the USA! Woo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,613 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Dana says it should have gone to a 4th round I see.

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/647963228278886400

Apparently this is the second time it has happened in a tournament final. :pac:
    Yeah it happened in Sydney with a semi final when they introduced the 125 division. Mighty Mouse vrs Uncle Creepy

Not really, Brandao has just taken the sport more seriously since the McGregor loss. His weight cutting has been better, same with his training camps and and hes getting the performances as a result. The Diego that McGregor fought is a different one to the one in the cage now.

His early fights were stellar performances too. He had some weight issue in the past (porrier?), but he showed up in shape in dublin. I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest he was a different fighter in Dublin vrs Japan. The level of opponent was much lower in Kikuno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fight Companion for this event. Rogan, Schaub and Bravo:

Advertisement