Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scooter insurance

Options
  • 07-09-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a 34-year-old first time driver on a learner permit. I've just bought a 50cc scooter - does anyone know what the best insurance deal might be? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Commuting & Transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ah your age it should be shag all. Ring quinn up and see sure or just check for an online quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

I'm 35 and have been using a 50cc scooter for commuting for over 3 years now. I find Aon to be the cheapest (www.aonbikecare.ie) for insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Do you have a car as well- my car is with axa who then gave me a greal deal on my Scooter insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dont they give 30% discount for 6 wheels policy or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Indeed they do, a very generous discout if you have another vehicle with them.

It's a bit like farmers with FBD, dirt cheap vehicle insurance but then they have machinery and buildings with FBD so they can always do a discount. Sorry, that's a bit off topic

At your age OP, you'll get a great deal.
    Try all companies (there aren't many!) but I've always dealt with Aon

Advertisement