Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Zoo

Options
  • 22-02-2013 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey all, Does anyone know where I would find a discount code for Dublin Zoo tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Dub12Dave

Try the post office as if you top up your phone there with €20 you get a free half price family pass for entry into Dublin Zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

If you know someone who shops in Tesco they have the Zoo on their Deals. It works out much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

ANYMORE / Discount deals for zoo..?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

+1 could do with a discount voucher/code etc, please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Get the family and extended members to buy a yearly family pass.....its around 160-170 euro.

If you and extended family all chip in and pay for it,and then you all go even 3 times a year then you get your money back and you will get great value from the yearly pass.

Thats what we do...fantastic indeed.

• Advertisement

Gis a lend of it !!

Ah no seriously I'll only be at the zoo once this year I know that for fact.

Wanna discount though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I used my Tesco clubcard vouchers last year to get a free ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

2 for 1 entry with voucher from kellogs cereal box

http://www.merlin.kelloggs.ie/the_attractions.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Dub12Dave wrote: »
    ... you get a free half price family pass ...
    ???

Dub12Dave wrote: »
    Try the post office as if you top up your phone there with €20 you get a free half price family pass for entry into Dublin Zoo.

You have to buy 20 euro phone credit in the post office 1st,in order to get into the Zoo for half price.

You still have to pay in at the Zoo entrance,and have also had to pay for phone credit aswell.

Offer valid till 31st March....(this Sunday)

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/An+Post+Dublin+Zoo+Offer.htm

Terms and Conditions of An Post Dublin Zoo Customer Offer

By participating in the Dublin Zoo Promotion you agree to the terms and conditions below.
    In these terms and conditions:
    “An Post” means An Post having its registered office at GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1;
    “Dublin Zoo” means the Zoological Society of Ireland, Dublin Zoo, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8;
    “Top-up” means purchasing credit for a mobile phone service on the postfone, Vodafone, O2, 3, Meteor or eMobile mobile networks.

The Dublin Zoo ½ Price Family Pass promotion is a customer reward promotion operated by An Post.

To be eligible to participate in the Dublin Zoo ½ Price Family Pass promotion you must Top-up by a minimum of €20 (twenty euro) in one transaction or conduct any postfone transaction (sim purchase, handset purchase or top up of any value). This promotion is available between 1st February 2013 and 28th February (inclusive) at participating An Post Post Offices. Details of participating Post Offices are available from An Post’s website at www.anpost.ie/Zoo

If you are eligible you will be presented with a voucher (“Voucher”) entitling you to avail of one half price Family Ticket for entry to Dublin Zoo. The eligible tickets are the Dublin Zoo family tickets for 2 adults and 2 children normally priced at €45.50, for 2 adults and 3 children normally priced at €50.00, and for 2 adults and 4 children normally priced at €54.00. The Voucher cannot be sold and no cash alternative for the Voucher will be offered. This Voucher may be used once only between 1st February 2013 and 31st March 2013. The Voucher’s validity expires at close of business on Sunday 31st March 2013.

This offer is not valid with concession family tickets and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or special offer.

To avail of a half price Family Ticket you must present and surrender your Voucher at Dublin Zoo before close of business on 31st March 2013. Tickets cannot be booked or purchased in advance or online and must be used on the day of purchase. Vouchers can be used to obtain no more than one ticket per family.

Neither An Post nor Dublin Zoo are liable for the replacement of any lost, damaged or stolen Vouchers and tickets.

Due to site restrictions and crowd control issues, this promotion is subject to limited availability. In the event that no Vouchers are available or all half price family tickets have been sold, neither An Post nor Dublin Zoo are liable or responsible for any or all loss, damage, expense or disappointment suffered by An Post customers due to such non-availability.

Your attendance at Dublin Zoo is governed by your contract with Dublin Zoo and any applicable rules or regulations. An Post has no responsibility for any delays, cancellations, disappointments or otherwise in connection with your attendance at Dublin Zoo.

Limitation on Liability
    By participating in the promotion you acknowledge that neither An Post nor Dublin Zoo accept any liability to you for loss, damage, expense or disappointment suffered by you due to oversights or delays in processing payment or service issues or failures in the provision of the promotion or breach of contract or negligence in relation to the promotion.

These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.

• Advertisement

juneg wrote: »
    2 for 1 entry with voucher from kellogs cereal box

http://www.merlin.kelloggs.ie/the_attractions.html

Are they still on the boxes??

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are they still on the boxes??

I used them today with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Sorry to bump but my girlfriend and I are going to the zoo on Thursday and was just wondering if the Kellogg's promotional packs of cereal are still in supermarkets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Liam90 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump but my girlfriend and I are going to the zoo on Thursday and was just wondering if the Kellogg's promotional packs of cereal are still in supermarkets?
    Oh I would think so. Just have a good look around and you will be bound to find them. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

Anyone know any discount codes for Dublin zoo??? for this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I too would also like to know if there are any discounts on the go for this week

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

keith16 wrote: »
    I too would also like to know if there are any discounts on the go for this week

Me too. Any luck?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    Am going with my parents, brother and gf to the Zoo on Friday. Any discount codes handy? 2 OAP and 3 adult tickets needed.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 teddy6

The Kelloggs vouchers are still to be found in stores. They can't be used during July and Aug though. Just a thought for anyone who's thinking of going in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

teddy6 wrote: »
    The Kelloggs vouchers are still to be found in stores. They can't be used during July and Aug though. Just a thought for anyone who's thinking of going in Sept.

Thanks teddy6; when you say the Kelloggs boxes are still in stores, are they widely available in Dublin or the west coast? Since we're around for a month we'll be shopping for breakfast cereals anyway.

We arrive into Dublin from Australia on Aug 17 and I'd love to find the voucher if it's useful for two adults and two OAPs. Not sure if the voucher would be relevant.

We'd visit the zoo in September.
    In the meantime we've watched RTE's The Zoo episodes to see how the zoo is these days. :)

I'm hoping that the hot weather returns for at least some of our four weeks, but anything other than constant rain is probably OK for the zoo trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 teddy6

It was Tesco longford; which is not a huge store. I'm sure you'll find them elsewhere. I think it's pay for 1 and get 1 in free. Very expensive otherwise. Enjoy your trip!

Just dont scream out at or pi55 off the Tapirs while you are in the Zoo.

Actually dont pi55 off any animals with newborns while you are there..:pac:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0809/467200-tapir-incident-dublin-zoo/

It was Tesco longford; which is not a huge store. I'm sure you'll find them elsewhere. I think it's pay for 1 and get 1 in free. Very expensive otherwise. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks teddy6. A 'bogof'deal is great - and for many attractions.
    I found a Kellogg's 2-for-1 link which noted the promotion was 12mths Oct'12-Oct13: http://www.merlin.kelloggs.co.uk/index.html
    List of attractions (IE and UK lists): http://www.merlin.kelloggs.co.uk/the_attractions.html

Dublin Zoo talks daily 'til September: http://www.dublinzoo.ie/32/Daily-Activities-amp-Talks.aspx
    • 11:15 Asian lion
    • 11:45 Orang utan
    • 12:00 Reptile House
    • 12:30 Elephant Encounters
    • 12:45 Chimpanzee Chat
    • 2:15 Sealion Splash
    • 2:30 Penguin
    • 2:45 Giraffe
    • 3:00 Rhino
    • 3.15 Gorilla

We might even go to the Reptile Village Zoo in Kilkenny, since there is lots to see in Kilkenny. It's also on the attractions page above. http://reptilevillage.net/web/about-us/

paddy147 wrote: »
    Just dont scream out at or pi55 off the Tapirs while you are in the Zoo.

Actually dont pi55 off any animals with newborns while you are there..:pac:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0809/467200-tapir-incident-dublin-zoo/

paddy147, thanks for the link. Our priority will be the apes and monkeys; if there are any babies, they will be our top pick for the visit.

Teddy6, thanks again.
    We arrived into DUB 21hrs ago.
    Yesterday afternoon I stopped into a Tesco in Kildare ad a break from our drive and bought a box of Frosties with the promotion.

Staff member even showed me where there was a box on promotion!

If it is worthwhile I will register my club card and may even get some value there too, if it is worth doing for four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Anyone know any discounts for this week ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Yes there are separate queues for etickets. I was there on a weekend during the very sunny weather. Arrived about 11.30 and there was spaces available. Didnt have etickets and the queue took about 15mins to get in. Have a great time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Carraig Fhearghais

Many thanks for the reply (sorry to have deleted my post, I realised after posting that this was a thread for bargain alerts so moved my question to the Dublin City forum), great info as I will be driving from Carrickfergus and like to have an Idea where I can get parked.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Grahamb23

The discount (free adult ) kellogs packs are back in Tesco now if anyone still looking for them.

• Advertisement

Today I redeemed the Kelloggs box offer to get two adult tickets for the 16eur price.
    No hassle at all. Only one ticket counter was open but there were only three buyers anyway.

I noticed lots of families were from Cork as kids had their red hurling tops on.

One tip is to bring your own lunch or picnic as the food didn't look great unless you wish to eat fried chicken.

I also managed to get a kiss from a young lady gorilla today!

Advertisement