Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

picking a tablet....

Options
  • 15-02-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

I know there have been dozens of these threads but none quite cover what I'm looking for, I hope no one minds another one!

I bought a 7 inch cheap chinese white box tablet last week. It arrived, I had a play around with it and although not bad, it didn't quite cut it for me. The only thing it did is make me really want a decent tablet so I've been on the hunt the last few days. My main issue with it was how laggy it was. It would work fine for a while and then get bogged down and take a while to load an app. I get pretty frustrated with that so I guess I need a decent processor/RAM.

I definitely want a slightly larger screen than the 7" and want to spend no more than €150. I would definitely like it to have a HDMI port and bluetooth would be a plus (I don't want much do I?!) Having looked around, I've come across 2 that fit the bill.

* zenithink c94 - http://www.zenithink.com/Eproducts_C94.php
    or the ainol novo 10 - http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo10-hero-dual-core-tablet-pc-10-1-inch-dual-camera-hdmi-bluetooth-gps.html

The problem is, there are dozens of others like them, so now that you have a fair idea what I'm after, can you recommend something for me? Or even help pick between the 2 above!

A 2nd question as well. Has anyone heard of www.pandawill.com? The website looks decent enough, they seem to be russia based and are the cheapest I can find for either tablet.

Comments

Advertisement