Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S3 Predictive text problem

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was on firmware 4.1.1 a few days ago and recently updated to 4.1.2. I used to be able to text where i would get spellings wrong and it would automatically just switch to the correct spelling and since the update it will not automatically switch to the correct word and you would have to select it in the list of words to switch.
    This is quite annoying and so much slower as what you type is what you get. If that makes any sense. Is there a setting that can bring me back to how it was? Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Install swiftkey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

ang3l wrote: »
    Install swiftkey :)
    Id rather not pay 4 euro just to text how i used to be able to text, what a stupid update!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Is your predictive text switched off? Settings>Language and Input> Samsung Keyboard. Make sure it's switched on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Id rather not pay 4 euro just to text how i used to be able to text, what a stupid update!
    Trust me it's worth the 4 quid. Stock keyboard isn't great.
    Download the trial version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

You can also download swype, but afaik it's still in beta, so you have to d/l it directly from their website, not on Play yet. I've been using it since I changed phones last year.

• Advertisement

noby wrote: »
    Is your predictive text switched off? Settings>Language and Input> Samsung Keyboard. Make sure it's switched on.
    Yeah its switched on(Its not very predictive now, lol). Wish they didnt change the texting in the update! :(
    Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Trust me it's worth the 4 quid. Stock keyboard isn't great.
    Download the trial version.
    Might not be great but it was working perfectly before the update and quick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Yeah its switched on(Its not very predictive now, lol). Wish they didnt change the texting in the update! :(

Might not be great but it was working perfectly before the update and quick :)
    Anyone got a fix for this ? Very annoying update

Id say the next update will sort this out, really annoying! Multitasking in the update is pretty cool though. Until then if you got spare cash get the texting app mentioned above i guess.

New update incoming on my phone, just have to wait in line for my update. :) Hopefully texting will be fixed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

At least try the trial of Swiftkey Flow while the default one is awaiting fixing, I guarantee you'll buy it later when it goes full release. I plan to
    http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/swiftkey-flow-beta-update/

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    At least try the trial of Swiftkey Flow while the default one is awaiting fixing, I guarantee you'll buy it later when it goes full release. I plan to
    http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/swiftkey-flow-beta-update/
    If this next update doesnt address the issue i will just buy swiftkey! :) I bet the next update will mess up something else! Lol

If this next update doesnt address the issue i will just buy swiftkey! :) I bet the next update will mess up something else! Lol

You don't need to buy it, there is a free version, the new Swiftkey Flow is free as it's a beta with new features (you can disable the flow features if you don't want)

You don't need to buy it, there is a free version, the new Swiftkey Flow is free as it's a beta with new features (you can disable the flow features if you don't want)
    The update didnt address the issue btw! F*** You samsung and your broken updates! Lol! JK love my s3! I have installed swiftkey trial(1 month). Its faster than original keyboard but layout seems worse. Swiftkey flow? Coming up as Quick Keyboard Switch. That it? What does it do?

The update didnt address the issue btw! F*** You samsung and your broken updates! Lol! JK love my s3! I have installed swiftkey trial(1 month). Its faster than original keyboard but layout seems worse. Swiftkey flow? Coming up as Quick Keyboard Switch. That it? What does it do?

Swiftkey Flow isn't on the Play market yet, it is out for testing though
    http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

Ive just bought swiftkey for the rip off 4 euro. Whats worse is that i think i just found the fix for the predictive text problem. I have a Hong Kong S3 and the default input method that was set was called Samsung Keyboard which was giving the non prediction. When i selected the Samsung Chinese IME the predictive text worked again! :) Doesnt matter Swiftkey is ok. Changing the default input method was my fix. Hope this helps!

Ive just bought swiftkey for the rip off 4 euro. Whats worse is that i think i just found the fix for the predictive text problem. I have a Hong Kong S3 and the default input method that was set was called Samsung Keyboard which was giving the non prediction. When i selected the Samsung Chinese IME the predictive text worked again! :) Doesnt matter Swiftkey is ok. Changing the default input method was my fix. Hope this helps!

€4 is a rip off, WTF? It's less than the price of a pint for the developer. Most people on here including me say it's worth every cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Swype is unbelievable - free too!

€4 is a rip off, WTF? It's less than the price of a pint for the developer. Most people on here including me say it's worth every cent
    Most little apps on the store are like 1-2 euro. 4 euro for a keypad app seems excessive. The original keypad was working fine before the update so i wouldnt have bought another keypad. There is one thing thats good on swiftkey and thats the different themes you can select.

Most little apps on the store are like 1-2 euro. 4 euro for a keypad app seems excessive. The original keypad was working fine before the update so i wouldnt have bought another keypad. There is one thing thats good on swiftkey and thats the different themes you can select.

You didn't give it a chance, but you might as well now you've paid for it. The Swiftkey predictions are miles ahead of all other keyboards, it learns from you, within a week or two you will be typing full sentences without using individual characters, all by selecting predictions. Set it up with Facebook, Gmail, Twitter and SMS and it will pull in all your friends names and words you've used, but definitely give it a week to learn your language habits.

Advertisement