Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare inspections.. going a bit far

Options
  • 28-10-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Just has a meeting with social welfare investigator today. Wow they are really watching everything. I receive single parents. My daughters father walked out when she three months old.

I was questioned about a family friend, He is close to my age, is also very friedly with my very next door neighbour and my parents (he's sister is going out with my uncle). He gives me a lift into town if im stuck and is in and out of all our houses all the time. really nice guy. very helpful and friendly.

I had to sign a document to say I was not in a co-habiting relationship with him!!!! They had photos of his van parked in the drive way of our houses, Its a large driveway I share with my neighbour.. he was actully fixing a door in her house at the time of the photo!

They are now going to investigate him and any payments he receives because he was seen around our homes. He has his own family to support, a young child with a girl he used to go out with.

I really thought the whole thing was mental.. I do understand that fraud has to be investigated and money needs to be saved but I called my friend today and had to tell him to stay away from me. Isnt that terrible?

Theres a family party tomorrow night and of course he will be there, along with all my family and his and Im too scared to go.

I asked the social welfare officer was she not going to investigate My daughters father.. who walked out on us and is away living his life.. not a bother on him. while we are broke and hardly scraping by.. and now we cant even have friends. She said she wasnt interested in that issue at all.

Its all going a bit to far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laurat1

absolutely going too far, its a joke targeting totally innocent people

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I don't think its too far. The inspector is doing her job.
    His car is parked outside your house, he is doing work around your house, the house which he is in and out of all the time, and gives you lifts into town.
    It is a payment for those parenting alone - the inspectors job is to see if you satisfy the conditions for the payment - so if she wasn't asking you questions about your relationship with this man, there would be something wrong with the system.

If you have nothing to hide, why tell your friend to stay away? That may make you look guilty depending on how you look at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

laurat1 wrote: »
    absolutely going too far, its a joke targeting totally innocent people

Talking about innocent people

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75184835&postcount=1

Did you get a chance to report her yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tipp.angel

It is a step far, but they are under pressure from their bosses to clamp down on fraud.. However, I wouldnt be staying away from a party coz that guy is going to be there. You have to have a life also..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement