Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA Status

Options
  • 20-09-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

I applied for JBA a while ago and i have gone for the appointment for means test. I would like to Ring them to know the status of my application so is there any other number i can ring them on apart from (021- 4273770) - seems i can't ring this number after 12.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

poker2k9 wrote: »
    Hi,

I applied for JBA a while ago and i have gone for the appointment for means test. I would like to Ring them to know the status of my application so is there any other number i can ring them on apart from (021- 4273770) - seems i can't ring this number after 12.

Is this the number for Hanover Street? You can always call into the office and ask what stage your claim is at. In the meantime you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance through your community welfare officer.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭poker2k9

eastbono wrote: »
    Is this the number for Hanover Street? You can always call into the office and ask what stage your claim is at. In the meantime you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance through your community welfare officer.

Yea, it's Hanover street. I've applied for supplementary welfare, she said i have to wait 2 weeks + she was so mean i doubt i'll get it >_<

Yea, it's Hanover street. I've applied for supplementary welfare, she said i have to wait 2 weeks + she was so mean i doubt i'll get it >_<

Just call into Hanover St and find out what the situation is with your claim. Phones in there are mad and even though it sounds as if it is ringing it might not be thats the way the phones are set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I second calling into the office. It's pointless trying to ring as the phones are rarely answered.

I got a letter from my cwo to day saying her supt. needs documents i already gave to her the day i went to submit the form she gave to me................

Going into the Social welfare office today to check up on the claim status and i might as well give them proof im looking for job + proof i already passed a job interview but start dates are still sometime at the end of october.
    Will they take that off me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 1Marlo1

I rang alot and never got through, basically every time I got tru they told me it was pending and that they were waiting for a decision by the inspector.
    Took nearly 4 months but eventually they will sort it. I honestly thought I wouldnt get it and lost hope, but finally they sorted it, crazy thing is I start a job in 2 weeks.

So i finally got my SW Payment approved and the cw said i should go and pick up a payment on monday and then every thursday from next week, but she never said the amount. Any one know how much i will be getting roughly? And will payment have any effect that benefits housing since im living in a private accomodation. I'm 22 living in Cork.

So i finally got my SW Payment approved and the cw said i should go and pick up a payment on monday and then every thursday from next week, but she never said the amount. Any one know how much i will be getting roughly? And will payment have any effect that benefits housing since im living in a private accomodation. I'm 22 living in Cork.

Did you get your social welfare payment approved or your supplementary welfare allowance approved from community welfare officer... i am presuming its the latter...as you did not say that you received a letter for sw stating what you will be getting... lets presume is supplementary welfare allowance and you do not live at home...for your age is €100 pw... for jobseekeers allowance once there are no means against you. If you live at home your parents income will be taken into account for supplementary welfare allowance and for jobseekers allowance... hard to say what you will receive on either as we dont know the financial circumstances.

sorry it's supplementary. Also i tought payment for over 21 was a bit higher?

sorry it's supplementary. Also i tought payment for over 21 was a bit higher?

Rates for jobseekers allowance see link.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersAllowance/Pages/ja.aspx#Rates3

Its €144 max... sorry got a bit confused but if you are living at home your parents means will be taken into account. Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be awarded depending on parents means as well.

• Advertisement

Rates for jobseekers allowance see link.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersAllowance/Pages/ja.aspx#Rates3

Its €144 max... sorry got a bit confused but if you are living at home your parents means will be taken into account. Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be awarded depending on parents means as well.

Thanks for that, I have one more question.

What is the difference between JSA and Supplementary Welfare allowance if the rates are thesame?

Thanks for that, I have one more question.

What is the difference between JSA and Supplementary Welfare allowance if the rates are thesame?

Supplementary Welfare Allowance is normally paid while a persons jobseekers allowance claim is being processed.

So i finally got a job today which i will be starting on monday and my JSA is still pending and i only just started recieving Supplemtary payment this week.

What are the steps i'm to take now to inform them & do i just stop going to the post office to collect payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

So i finally got a job today which i will be starting on monday and my JSA is still pending and i only just started recieving Supplemtary payment this week.

What are the steps i'm to take now to inform them & do i just stop going to the post office to collect payment?
    no youll have to let both CWO and SW know that your signing off. Drop in a note to CWO and you can sign off on-line on the welfare website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    no youll have to let both CWO and SW know that your signing off. Drop in a note to CWO and you can sign off on-line on the welfare website.

Does the website ask for details as to why you are signing off or do you just log in and sign off?

I never recieved JSA yet as it's still pending? So how do i sign off. I will be into the Social Welfare tomorrow morning so i can check if i can still get paid by them till i recieve first paycheck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I never recieved JSA yet as it's still pending? So how do i sign off. I will be into the Social Welfare tomorrow morning so i can check if i can still get paid by them till i recieve first paycheck
    Sure if your in SW tomorrow morning then you can just sign off directly with them. You cant get JSA until you get your paycheck because you are not looking for or available for work.

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Sure if your in SW tomorrow morning then you can just sign off directly with them. You cant get JSA until you get your paycheck because you are not looking for or available for work.

I meant supplementary welfare till first pay?

Congrats on getting the job. I would advise going into Hanover Street and letting them know so that any money owing to you for JSA will either be issued by cheque or you could provide bank details and have it paid into the bank. As Mrs Byrne said you need to let the cwo know as well.
    You should collect your money in PO tomorrow as supplementary is not paid in advance. When you are with the cwo ask if you can have some money to tide you over till first pay cheque.

Dovies wrote: »
    Does the website ask for details as to why you are signing off or do you just log in and sign off?

Yes it asks for details see link below.
    https://www.welfare.ie/EN/Secure/Pages/CorkCloseClaim.aspx

• Advertisement

Thanks alot guys :D

Thanks alot guys :D

Your welcome and Im here if you ever need help in the future.

I need a bit of advice here,

When i got this job, i was able to go to my SW to inform her about it but due to the start date i had absolutely no time to go into hanover street to tell them so i sent them the job description & acceptance letter via post with my ppsn and name on it because training is a month long at from 8:30am to 5pm. I sent this on the 17th and i've heard nothing back from them.

I've been told i should get a cheque from the date i applied till the day i started working? - if so is this a matter of me asking time off from work to go into hanover street myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I sent this on the 17th and i've heard nothing back from them.

The 17th? You are being a bit optimistic OP. My daughter applied for JSA or JSB (Cant remember which one) back in July. Still hasn't heard anything about the application- she contacted them weeks ago and they said it was still with the inspector!! She has since signed off (16th Oct) and still nothing!

I need a bit of advice here,

When i got this job, i was able to go to my SW to inform her about it but due to the start date i had absolutely no time to go into hanover street to tell them so i sent them the job description & acceptance letter via post with my ppsn and name on it because training is a month long at from 8:30am to 5pm. I sent this on the 17th and i've heard nothing back from them.

I've been told i should get a cheque from the date i applied till the day i started working? - if so is this a matter of me asking time off from work to go into hanover street myself?

Have you been means tested for your jobseekers allowance before you started the job? If you could give Hanover Street a buzz and see what is happening it might throw some light on your claim. Were you paid supplementary welfare allowance for the time that you were waiting on your jobseekers? If you were then any money from jobseekers will be paid back to cwo for supplementary welfare. Any excess will be paid to you.

Have you been means tested for your jobseekers allowance before you started the job? If you could give Hanover Street a buzz and see what is happening it might throw some light on your claim. Were you paid supplementary welfare allowance for the time that you were waiting on your jobseekers? If you were then any money from jobseekers will be paid back to cwo for supplementary welfare. Any excess will be paid to you.

Yes i was means tested. I did get paid supplementary from the date i submitted the form back to the cwo. I just want to make sure my claim is closed :) so i will go in friday morning to give them the letter again.

Thanks.

Advertisement