Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding pictures to a post from Dropbox?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there - ive never been able to succesfully add any pictures from Dropbox to some of my Boards posts. The only thing that seems to work for me is Photobucket. - I wonder if its because when I insert a picture from photobucket its in address type of Http:// but when I add from Dropbox its Https:// ?

Sorry if asking in wrong forum
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Dropbox doesn't allow this sort of hot-linking it seems. The issue is with them and not us unfortunately. I'd suggest that posting the url instead of trying to wrap it in IMG tags to display inline on the page would be the best workaround.

e.g.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0fst2adezca5qu/Image1.png?dl=0

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I post Dropbox images all the time. They're always in my Public folder; maybe that makes a difference?

666buy_sell.jpg?dl=0

Him, doesn't seem to work with a URL from the Dropbox app. To be continued...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I post Dropbox images all the time. They're always in my Public folder; maybe that makes a difference?
    Your public folder is the way to do it! I have a specific (large!) folder in it entitled boards_hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Ah right - I only have the free version of Dropbox I dont have the paid (Pro) version , i wonder if thats why i cannot share my pictures in a post - and when I say share I mean yes of course I could put the Link in with the post for people to click on , but what I want/need is the picture to show up in the post without someone having to click a link - something I can do with Photobucket but not with Photobox

OK, back on the laptop:

666buy_sell.jpg

That's an image in my Dropbox public folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,738 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

oscarBravo wrote: »
    ....That's an image in my Dropbox public folder.

oh yes - and have you got free version of dropbox or the pro version?

Hm, pro - but I thought I could do that before I upgraded.

I'll check some more and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I've never paid a cent!

Advertisement