Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitarist looking to join, start a Pop-Punk band

Options
  • 07-11-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey, im a guitarist looking to join or start a band in the Dublin area. Iv'e been playing guitar for about 5 years now and have been in a few semi serious bands. Looking to get back into it and get writing and gigging asap. Influences include Death Cab for Cutie, Jimmy Eat World, Something Corporate, The Misfits, Band Of Horses, Blink 182 (RIP), Greenday, Stiff Little Fingers, The Ramones, Although i would like to do completely original songs. Will do vocals if required. I have a place to jam and recording equipment also. PM me if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Pop-punk *shudders*

"Although i would like to do completely original songs"
    Well with influences like that it's beyond the realms of possibilty I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 captain noise

This is not an opinion pole clutch-it ye toss hole, now go somewhere and play with a balloon or something. get a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Hey

Would you be interested in a covers band? We'd be looking to do a few originals too....

I'm trying to get a band started, i've got a bass player and singer interested - were all in our early/mid twenties, and have been in bands before. It'd be crowd pleaser stuff, Snow Patrol, Green Day, stuff like that.

What age are you?

PM me if your interested and we'll try and get together for a jam.

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭iplaygutar+bass

Hey I play bass guitar keyboard and teaching myself drums and harmonica at the moment but yea i'd be interested in your band I'm 17 18 in march
    if your still looking for someone to play email me rhyss1@msn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

PM me with any other details you got man, like what part of dublin etc etc

into my pop-punk but i do love a birra heavier stuff too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭iplaygutar+bass

I live in eastwall and been in 2 bands

in the past year.One was just a complete

joke for us to pass time.The 2nd was

half serious but getting no where as

we didn't have same music tastes.

I write my own songs and I am working on a project I started with some friends to make a pop punk album for the fun of it but I'm looking to join or start a band outside of this to start playing in gigs.

Advertisement