Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PADI Dive centers in Egypt?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Thinking of heading to Egypt over the summer with a few friends to do my PADI Advanced Open Water course as its pretty pricey (and cold) to do it in Ireland.

Has anyone done one out there or know anywhere with a good reputation? I've met a few people who have said the Red Sea is an amazing place to dive as well, so I'd love to get out there.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If you go to Sharm, the place is full of PADI dive centres. If you go as part of a package deal then there will most likely be a PADI centre attached to the hotel, or at least an office.

They are very stricy on Diving in Egypt and i think it would be fair to say that you would have to be exceptionally unlucky to get a bad centre.

you might want to consider doing the theory and pool work in Ireland before you go, it will save you a couple of days while you are out there.

The best place to get the full low down would be the Scuba Forum, in the Sports section, there is always a thread about Egypt in there.

Oh, and yes, you are right, the Red Sea is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

We were in Sharm last September and thought Camel Dive were very good

Only thing i didnt like was when we visited the dive sites there were alwats 10+ other boards there so very chaotic

See if you can go to dive sites were there aren't loads of other boats visiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

We were in Sharm last September and thought Camel Dive were very good

Only thing i didnt like was when we visited the dive sites there were alwats 10+ other boards there so very chaotic

See if you can go to dive sites were there aren't loads of other boats visiting

That's a very good point.

I dived with Aquarius Red Sea, based in the Sheraton, Sharm. They have a speedboat that goes out at around 8am. It isn't as posh as the big day boats, but you get out to the reefs off Tiran Island, do a 40 minute dive and get back to the boat just as the day boats are arriving.

The "House Reef" that Aquarius use at the Sharaton is a very nice dive actually and if i was learning again, I couldn't think of many better places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

The best place to get the full low down would be the Scuba Forum, in the Sports section, there is always a thread about Egypt in there.

Excellent I'll have a look over there. Cheers.

Advertisement