Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pump issues - Don't replace the pump! (Charlesland Grove)

Options
  • 04-04-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

We're in the Grove and just had an issue with our water pump resolved so thought I'd post as the plumber said ours was a common problem with this type of pump (Stuart Turner M330N).

Basically the circuit board on these is prone to blowing - often after the mains power supply gets cut (ESB outage); when it comes back on the power surge blows the circuit. Ours actually blew for no apparent reason!

The solution is to get a new circuit board (I got mine from a place called Modern Plant on the Naas Road for €46 - it's a new version and apparently a lot more "robust" according to the guy in MP) and get an electrician/plumber to fit it - about half an hours work. I reckon if you were handy with wiring you could easily do it yourself as there is a wiring diagram with the board, but I thought best to leave it to the expert.

The plumber was telling me that a lot of plumbers were simply installing brand new pumps for people, because they either didn't know what the issue was or maybe just plain unscrupulous - a cost of €700 - €800 & fitting for the new pump!!!!

So if you have an issue with your pump, you might want to check the above out first.

(Had another issue previously with the pump not working, after mains water being turned off in the area, but just needed a new fuse in the wall).

Hopefully this might save someone a few quid!

Advertisement