Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals & Voucher Codes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

£149.99 for anyone interested.

edit: and gone, lasted all of 2 minutes before they were all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BullBauld wrote: »
    Krusty

What are the main differences between the 305 & 410? Have a 410 lined up as xmas present. Should I stick with it?

I'm not being lazy, I would check myself but most sites are blocked here in work, including Garmin site.

Thanks
    Bull
    Probably better asking this on the Garmin thread, but the chief differences are:
    305 is: much bigger, slightly older technology (takes longer to acquire satellites), supports multi-sport activities, has all hard buttons, four data fields per screen. Supports bread-crumb trails.

410 is: Newer, uses hard buttons and a bezel, significantly smaller, three data fields per screen.

Both have approximately the same battery life. Both support advanced workouts. Neither is water-proof (the 310 is though).
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    £149.99 for anyone interested.

edit: and gone, lasted all of 2 minutes before they were all gone.
    That was good value for money. Did you get one?

Nah, my 305 is still working away, trying to cut back on the want, but don't really need, spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Nah, my 305 is still working away, trying to cut back on the want, but don't really need, spending.

Upgraded to 610 from 305. Regret it in highinsight. The only benefit is it's smaller and vibrates for alerts. It is not much quicker picking up the sat tbh.

rom wrote: »
    Upgraded to 610 from 305. Regret it in highinsight. The only benefit is it's smaller and vibrates for alerts. It is not much quicker picking up the sat tbh.
    I'll give you €60 for it.

• Advertisement

I'll give you €60 for it.
    Sure keep your money and I'll swap you for your 910xt

rom wrote: »
    Sure keep your money and I'll swap you for your 910xt
    The difference is, I like my 910xt! With €60 you could buy yourself another Motorolla MOTOACTV GPS thingy-mabob!

For anyone who is interested, Amazon.co.uk's black Friday sales will include the Garmin Forerunner 110, at 12:44pm this afternoon. Wouldn't be a big fan of the watch myself, based on the feedback I have read, but someone might like to take a punt, particularly if it's heavily discounted.

With €60 you could buy yourself another Motorolla MOTOACTV GPS thingy-mabob!
    Don't knock it if you haven't tried it :P

Now that Morotola I was tempted by, got some decent reviews and handy to have the music on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Now that Morotola I was tempted by, got some decent reviews and handy to have the music on it too.
    I’m really tempted by it, too. Trying to decide how much I need/ want it!

• Advertisement

The Forerunner 310xt + HRM is back on sale today as part of Amazon's Black Friday sale, at 2:45pm. It will probably be at the same price as it was on Tuesday (£149.99 sterling). If so, that's a very solid price (normally £209.99), but according to ThisRegard, it was sold out within two minutes on Tuesday, so if you want it, you'll have to be quick.

If you have relatives (or a work head-office) in the US, this is a cracker of a deal: Garmin Forerunner 410 with HRM, for $149.99. That's around €116 in new money. You'd have to ship to a US address though and somehow get it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

If you have relatives (or a work head-office) in the US, this is a cracker of a deal: Garmin Forerunner 410 with HRM, for $149.99. That's around €116 in new money. You'd have to ship to a US address though and somehow get it home.
    Krusty, seems to be plenty of pros to this watch. Are there any cons that you can share? Looking for a watch purely for running btw.

Krusty, seems to be plenty of pros to this watch. Are there any cons that you can share? Looking for a watch purely for running btw.
    The bezel can be quite annoying to use, particularly if you have to use it during a run. Most people learn to just lock it when you start the run though and ignore it until the end of your run. Also the battery life is 8-10 hours. Perfect for most needs, but if you were heading away for a weekend of long runs, you might need to bring a charger. Solid watch otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

The bezel can be quite annoying to use, particularly if you have to use it during a run. Most people learn to just lock it when you start the run though and ignore it until the end of your run. Also the battery life is 8-10 hours. Perfect for most needs, but if you were heading away for a weekend of long runs, you might need to bring a charger. Solid watch otherwise.[/
    Not familiar with these at all - can you tell me what a bezel is??

The bezel can be quite annoying to use, particularly if you have to use it during a run. Most people learn to just lock it when you start the run though and ignore it until the end of your run. Also the battery life is 8-10 hours. Perfect for most needs, but if you were heading away for a weekend of long runs, you might need to bring a charger. Solid watch otherwise.[/
    Not familiar with these at all - can you tell me what a bezel is??
    The Bezel is the outside face of the watch. It is touch-sensitive, and is used to manipulate the menus/options of the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Amphibian King sale starting tomorrow, lasts for one week
    25% off all stock in store (except Garmin and Polar stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

RayCun wrote: »
    Amphibian King sale starting tomorrow, lasts for one week
    25% off all stock in store (except Garmin and Polar stuff)

Was sure I saw your better half up getting the kids shoes today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Was sure I saw your better half up getting the kids shoes today :D

She was, she said she saw you. I can't afford new shoes until the new year :( but I'll drop in that stuff for you tomorrow on my way to the track...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Sweatshop.co.uk have a 20% off deal going 'til Sunday 9th, use code XMATCL at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Outside

Just spotted Wiggles 12% off orders over 99£ for 12/12/12, Use "12EXTRA" as voucher code. ONLY ~3hours left though!!

Garmin 310xt on Amazon lightning sale @5:59pm today. Current price is £198.99, so it may drop to around to around £141 (sterling) if previous discounts are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

at least 20% of Garmin at wiggle.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Garmin 310xt on Amazon lightning sale @5:59pm today. Current price is £198.99, so it may drop to around to around £141 (sterling) if previous discounts are anything to go by.

Last few lightening deals have been 6-7%, if you do order consider parcel motel if you don't have a UK address for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Deal from wiggle.

Buy one box of High5 energy gels and get another box for free. So thats €25.84 (delivery is €4.82 to Ireland) for 40 gels.

Link

Deal from wiggle.

Buy one box of High5 energy gels and get another box for free. So thats €25.84 (delivery is €4.82 to Ireland) for 40 gels.

Link
    Delivery from Wiggle should be free. they only charge for expedited delivery (courier) or a cheeky Ryan-air like option to move your procurement to the top of the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Delivery from Wiggle should be free. they only charge for expedited delivery (courier) or a cheeky Ryan-air like option to move your procurement to the top of the list.

Or used Parcel Motel if they deliver free in uk.

Advertisement