Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speakers for VW GOLF MK5

• 11-06-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Disclaimer, I haven't the foggiest when it comes to car audio systems.

The driver side speaker in the door of my car has gone kapoot. it's the biggest of the three speakers in my door (16.5cm / 6.50" I believe).... I take it that's the one for the low range bass?...

ANYWHO, It wont be an issue doing the job of replacing them myself, I just want to know what I should buy to stick in there. (i'm not an audiophile, and I still have the OEM vw radio/cd player thingy, so as long as the speakers arn't crap, i'm happy)

my options:

Pioneer TS-G1721i 17cm Dual Cone Speakers 230W

VW Golf MK5 Front Door speakers Mac Audio car speaker kit 200W + adapters pods

They will work out the exact same price as i'll have to buy adapters (£10) for the Pioneer speakers.

EDIT: (lies, the VW (MAC audio) ones will cost £7 more for delivery)

so.... are either of those a decent replacment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ronson89

im not sure but just windering did u go ahead with it ? i so what ddi u get because i need some same problem :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭whizbang

Mac audio are fairly well regarded stuff, that price looks ok too.

Beware of buying "high power" speakers.

Ideally you should match the speakers to the output of the audio amp.
    If its the stock VW audio system, it will output no more than 25Watts to each speaker. Higher power speakers means heavier, harder to move parts, so often they won't be as loud (in your ear) as lower power units.

Look for the SPL figure quoted by the speaker manufacturer. Around 90db is required for low power amps, 88db would be minimum, really good quality speakers will reach 93db.
    Anything less than 88db wont be loud enough.

If there is no SPL figure quoted, avoid like the plague.

Advertisement