Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No display on 07 avensis radio

• 10-06-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

Just bought an 07 avensis the display for the radio to see what station etc is black so I can't see what station is on or anything
    Can anybody shed some light on this for me thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it the same story with track info for CDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

hi yes the same its just a black screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Elektronske

is connected battery ?

is connected battery ?

i don't understand what you mean exactly, the radio has power it comes on and gives sound but the lcd screen doesn't show any info at all

spider_pig wrote: »
    hi yes the same its just a black screen

I'm guessing its a broken LCD unit.
    Perhaps our resident audio expert can help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Just bought an 07 avensis the display for the radio to see what station etc is black so I can't see what station is on or anything
    Can anybody shed some light on this for me thanks

If the display on your radio is square in shape then it is faulty and needs to be replaced. Not a very expensive repair.

If the display on your radio is square in shape then it is faulty and needs to be replaced. Not a very expensive repair.

Could you suggest somewhere that might fix it. I rang the garage where I bought it he said my best bet would be to buy a hole new one from parts.ie and get it fited which seems way too much hassle for a small screen with broken pixels

Could you suggest somewhere that might fix it. I rang the garage where I bought it he said my best bet would be to buy a hole new one from parts.ie and get it fited which seems way too much hassle for a small screen with broken pixels

I got a price of around €150 to replace the LCD would that be about rite

I got a price of around €150 to replace the LCD would that be about rite

What part of the country are you in ? It can be done a lot cheaper than that.

What part of the country are you in ? It can be done a lot cheaper than that.

I'm Living in drogheda co Louth and from Dublin so either areas would do
    Cheers

• Advertisement

I'm Living in drogheda co Louth and from Dublin so either areas would do
    Cheers

pm sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mrdata.

Have a similar issue with black screen on LCD but radio/cd audio is working fine. It's an 07 avensis.
    Would anyone know where I could get a replacement LCD screen? I had a look online but can't seem to find anything.
    In Galway if anyone knows someone who might fix it there.
    Thanks

There’s definitely someone who can help so. PM the poster above you.

Mrdata. wrote: »
    Have a similar issue with black screen on LCD but radio/cd audio is working fine. It's an 07 avensis.
    Would anyone know where I could get a replacement LCD screen? I had a look online but can't seem to find anything.
    In Galway if anyone knows someone who might fix it there.
    Thanks
    Your radio is possibly model W58830...written on front face. Display is a regular to go faulty in this model. I have replacement Lcd for this one ...
    pm me if you want .

At the time it worked out cheaper for me buying a radio from halfords and the adaptor to house it on ebay rather then fixing it.

You miss out on steering controls, AVLS - plus an aftermarket looks out of place IMO but of course if budget is a factor then fair enough. On the flip side You probably gained aux in or USB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Steering controls adapter the likes of 20 quid off ebay. :)

Provided the headunit you buy is able to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Can be easily checked prior to purchase. :cool:

Advertisement