Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Tiida 2008?.....Opinions please

• 28-01-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm looking at this car, I welcome some feedback please........
    Im looking at done deal and cars.ireland.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Oh+hell+no+_7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

tumblr_inline_mqf6l6tQZo1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrycailin7

thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Had the rotten luck to get stuck with one as a hire car on holidays in the middle east. The only redeeming feature was that the a/c managed to cope with 40 degree heat outside no problem and was reasonable off-road for a car thanks to the ground clearance.

The thing was as dull as ditchwater, slow as a wet weak with an automatic box that changed gear eventually and a steering feel like that from a bad computer simulator. The seats were horrid and far too upright. I was tempted change it for a Yaris Saloon it was so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

id rather WALK

• Advertisement

Its not that they're a terrible car though..
    Its just, they're narrow and tall, the interior is mank, basic budget stuff.
    Rear legroom is huge, the 1.6 petrol is decent enough, and they're well specced. Most have cruise control, aircon etc.
    Theyre a hateful car. In the same way that a Suzuki Liana is terrible. On paper they're actually ok.
    I had one with work for a while. Hated it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Theres a 2008 diesel Tiida parked outside in the garage with something like 72,000 kilometres on it (less then 50 k miles)

Theres also a 180,000 mile 99 Corolla diesel outside.

I prefer the Corolla tbh.

The steering is horribly light (to be fair the wheel itself is quite nice to hold), the diesel is surprisingly unrefined especially from cold or if revved.

Interior is drap, the ride is so so especially in the back.

Ours has been very reliable (hopefully this now means it will blow up tomorrow morning) - but not sure what they are like normally as a neighbour of ours bought one new and had turbo and other issues with it.

They are an easy car to get in and out off - and yes you do get very decent legroom for the size of the car - but as someone mentioned already they are relatively narrow.

But really - I don't like them at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

OAP car

Btw - I forgot - even something as basic as the pedals feel horrible on these cars

Id look at other options - like Kia or Hyundai instead

Central locking isn't supposed to "clang"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its a car that was designed with emerging markets in mind like Brazil,India and china. They are also found in some parts of the USA. The only reason Nissan ever imported it here was because they needed something to replace the Almera as that car was popular here and this was a cheap and quick replacement.
    As the poster above said its and OAP car.
    Have a look at a Suzuki SX4 saloon if you want a small saloon that is a little bit higher than most other saloons. A Skoda Fabia saloon would be another car to look at.
    Both much better than that Nissan.
    Small saloons are not that popular here now. In the late 90s early naughtys they were a much more popular. VW and Seat even made one based on the Polo.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They have a pretty poor safety record by today's standards as well which would worry me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I find the styling quite appealing actually, particularly the saloon version. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

specsavers.ie is that way >>>>> :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrycailin7

bazz26 wrote: »
    specsavers.ie is that way >>>>> :p

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

My mother has one, as far as I can determine it was gotten because 1. it was an ex-demo car and was spectacularly cheap, and 2. the local Nissan dealer gave a surprisingly generous trade in on the wrecked Primera she had before it.

It's a car without any redeeming features, it looks like it was designed by two different people who met up in the middle, that 1.5dci engine is slow and noisy and hasn't been trouble-free either.

My mother has one, as far as I can determine it was gotten because 1. it was an ex-demo car and was spectacularly cheap, and 2. the local Nissan dealer gave a surprisingly generous trade in on the wrecked Primera she had before it.

It's a car without any redeeming features, it looks like it was designed by two different people who met up in the middle, that 1.5dci engine is slow and noisy and hasn't been trouble-free either.

Its like as if nobody actually bothered to make an effort to make any sort of a decent car.

I mean - you get other cars which aren't great for whatever reason - but you can see little things in them that make you realise that crap as it might be - someone did at least try to make a decent car of this - and you can see the potential in the car to be better.

The Tiida doesn't have this - you've got this utterly bizarre mix of a normal hatch and saloon and an MPV - imo.

But you get NONE of the benefits of a normal saloon or hatch - OR an MPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭hamburg

i serviced and put new rear pads on one of these for a lad in work a few years ago.after i finished ,i took it for a test drive to make sure everything was ok. truth be told,i actually could not wait to finish and hand it back to the owner. it was god awful to drive. as jeremy clarkson sez it is the automotive eqivalent of eating flour.

Advertisement