Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw e60 / torque pro issue

Options
  • 19-10-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

I have the torque pro app on my phone for a few months and an obd2 bluetooth dongle, it seems to work fine and transmits lots of engine sensor data.

However, I now have a few warning lights on the dashboard (service due, reversing bulb and restraint systems fault). The torque pro app is telling me, after an ecu scan, that there are no error codes stored.

Any idea what is going on here? The service warning is just for brake fluid, which I intend to do shortly, likewise the bulb. However, I would have liked some more info on the restraint fault before I go to a garage. Car is telling me seat belt tensioners and airbags are faulty but the seat belt tensioners are certainly fine. Cant check the airbags myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Is there a separate ecu for airbags etc. If so, torque may not read it, as i think it only reads main car/engine ecu

• Registered Users Posts: 23 italiano

Hi guys,

do you get data from Bank 1 Sensor 1 on Torque Pro app?

I have no data. I get it only from Bank 1 Sensor 2.

No engine lights warning on my seat Ibiza 1.2 2004.

SoI am not sure if the sensor has gone or it's normal

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭WacoKid

Torque Pro app is for all makes/models and does a generic scan for some codes. Not very detailed at all and IIRC never actually reported any code on my car.

I have the BMWhat app and it is fantastic. Every possible code is logged and can be cleared. It also allows for coding but thats a different topic.

Car is E60 5 Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

+1 for BMWhat

excellent app but full price is expensive. around €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

+1 for BMWhat

Torque app isn't worth a crap on the new bmw in fairness it's grand for a engine codes but not near enough to do a bmw. If ur in trouble il help ya out we use bmw icom in our garage drop me a line and il help u out if u Wana no how to set the service light and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

+1 for BMWhat

30 euros is not expensive for what it is seriously. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

true but as apps go its expensive.

does everything i need.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭WacoKid

For Android download Aptoide and then you will get BMWhat for free in this store

Advertisement