Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

;-( nausea ;-(

Options
  • 28-03-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey! i'm 8 weeks pregnant ;-) Has anybody got some cure, old wives tip, nanas home remedy for my 'morning sickness', whoever coined the term morning sickness was way off cause its all day and night! i've been trying ginger sweets, biscuits and tea. i have the wrist bands, nothing is helping me and i'm really struggling. i'm not even throwing up, its just constant nausea and i can't sleep which is making me feel worse ;-( any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭ktod

Sending you sympathy - it's a horrible feeling. With pregnancy #2 I was as sick as a dog. Tried everything, and what really helped was, believe it or not, salt and vinegar flavoured taytos. Lived on them for nine months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Naineen

oh I feel for you - in the same boat. My sickness only comes on every second day for some obscure reason though...not throwing up either, just feeling really nauseous and as if I'm about to throw up. And smells set it off...

Lemon and Ginger tea helps me a little. And for some strange reason, Aldi Organic Apple Muesli bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dangerd

You poor thing. I feel for you. I was the same up until 14/15 weeks. Sick as a dog. I tried everything but the one thing that did help was the dried ginger cubes. You can find them in the dried fruit section. You may have tried them already but they definitely worked for me.

Ktod, I'm craving crisps since reading your post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Only advice I can think of is- when you can manage a bit to eat, eat slowly, little and often! If I get hungry I feel sick! And recently f I eat too quickly I sometimes don't even get the chance to feel sick, my stomach just kicks the food out!
    Also- maybe sipping on cold water constantly during the day, and a sip if you wake at night.

Hope the sickness goes soon! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bakedbean

My first 12 weeks were stomach-churning, couldn't even keep water down. I clung to cream crackers (you need to eat something to mop up all that stomach acid!) and ice cubes.
    Also, try to keep cool. Rooms that are too warm or stuffy will set the sickness off.
    I had a magical end of morning sickness as soon as I was into my second trimester - hopefully it'll be the same for you too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Oh god i know the feelin....

i was 11 weeks pregnant on saturday last and last Thursday was the first time i ever got sick i ate a bowl of fruit for breeky and within an hour i was sick and then had some water and 15/20 mins later i was sick again. But since then i havent been sick just get waves of nausea every day the pass within a couple of mins some bad some not. i went in to holles street cause the day i was sick cause i was worried that i had only happened the once but i was told it was perfectly normal :) and ever since then ive been grand

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Nitxteha

I was sick the 9 months with my first pregnancy, and had a very bad time. I was the same as you, I tried everything and nothing helped.

Now Im 12 weeks and it's the same story...the only thing that I found relieves the nausea and the vomiting now, is drinking plenty of water with lime and some ginger.

I hope you get better after the first trimester, like most of the women, but if you don´t, try to stay positive, they say nausea it´s a sign of a healthy pregnancy :)

Advertisement