Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Fried Mars Bars In Dublin

Options
  • 21-01-2007 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin I can sample this delicasey? Any info would be much appreciated, please help me on my journey to obesity.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Acapulco (Mexican restaurant) on George's Street have it on their menu.
    Damn tasty it is too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Thank you very much my good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

The Seashell chipper is another place.

It's just round the corner from Mahaffy's pub at the intersection of Pearse St and Westland Row. From Mahaffy's cross the road, head towards the Liffey and it's just down a small lane to the left.

They also deep fry creme eggs in season I believe, though I haven't experienced this personally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There's a take away near the Liffey end of Capel Street that do them for €1.60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

So does the heart attack come free with that then or what, lol;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Samson wrote:
    Acapulco (Mexican restaurant) on George's Street have it on their menu.
    Damn tasty it is too!
    Damn so you are saying that I have to travel to Dublin to sample such delights?

*Calls travel agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never had one. Am I missing out? My mind says no but....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

they're most savage little things.

for those of you not willing to go to dublin you can get them in teh kettle of fish in gort, galway. not sure where to get one in cork at the moment, you used to be able to get them in daytrippers on sheares st but thats gone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They are delightful, but I'll tell you what's better: Deep fried crunchies. It's the most amazing experience! You bite into a soft, squishy bar, which immediately starts to harden in your mouth, so it gets crunchier and crunchier! And you get all these long trails of honeycomb running out in straight lines. It's indescribable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

you can get them in the cheaper in parnell square, its directly across from the theatre at the side of the rotunda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

i dont think a deep fried creme-egg can be beaten personally,.......... i could probably do 5-8 in a single sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

at the races i go to they do pancakes with mars bars inside. or a toffee crisp LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

The Sea Shell “You can bring in what you like and we’ll batter it for you,” says chipper Dave. A customer beside me asks him if he would like to batter a bowl of soup. “Too messy,” says Dave, “but we have deep fried grapes and slices of Rivita in the past. You can find Moros and Snickers and fruit pastilles on the menu. People who come into the Sea Shell and have never tried a deep fried chocolaty treat are referred to as virgins. If you’re a virgin you have to start with a Mars Bar and work you way up to the Cadbury’s Creme Egg.

They also do a Suicide Sandwich. It consists of two slices of white bread, filled with Nutella, which is then dipped in batter, fried and covered in strawberry sauce. Extra beef drippings on the side are optional.
    113 Townsend Street
    Dublin 2
    Tel: 677 9633

Be heading there this week me thinks! Oh god, do you think they'll batter Maltesers or peanut M&Ms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Suicide sandwhich. Whoah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I got a df mars bar in seashell. mmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

I bet every dentist on this forum is rubbing there hands in glee reading this thread, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I bet every dentist on this forum is rubbing there hands in glee reading this thread, lol.
    ... and fitness instructors!!

I had my first experience of deep fried mars bars in Edinburgh, where they also deep fry pizza's and ice-cream.. the ice-cream is pretty amazing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

They do them in the chipper/pizzeria in clontarf, don't know the name of it as I'm not from round there. Had 2 showers when I got back to the southside :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I've had deepfried icecream in starvast, a chinese in cork. don;t know if they're doing ti still, a light coconut batter on vanilla icecream served on a bed of flaming sambucha, absolutely savage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

the chipper that does them across from The Ambassador is called Cinelli's. I went in the other day to check if it was the one that sold them and, yup, it was on the menu for €2...BUT when we asked for them they said they were out!! So disappointing :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Tree wrote:
    I've had deepfried icecream in starvast, a chinese in cork. don;t know if they're doing ti still, a light coconut batter on vanilla icecream served on a bed of flaming sambucha, absolutely savage

I think they're called Fritters. A lot of Chinese's have them, very nice. Usually do Banana or Pinapple deep fried in batter with ice cream, the bed of flaming sambucha sounds mad though!

its not a fritter though, they're fried fruit, this is the actualy scoop fo icecream frozen extra hard and fried

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Anyone know where you can get them in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

or in inshowen (donegal), or derry?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I'm going to get sick.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I'm going to get sick.....

That's what i thought...

...but then i read this yesterday:
    the chipper that does them across from The Ambassador is called Cinelli's.

...and i decided to give it a try on my way home from college. THEY'RE GOOD! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Gazza22 wrote:
    That's what i thought...

...but then i read this yesterday:

...and i decided to give it a try on my way home from college. THEY'RE GOOD! :D
    aw feck ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i haven't got to try em yet. Won't be back in Dub for another week, but when I am and I go in they'd better not be sold out this time or I won't be a happy camper :(

so you recommend, then?? ;)

Advertisement