Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish party fare

Options
  • 08-03-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

having a party and want to introduce some foreign friends to best of irishfood. any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You mean like treats (as in rice krispie cakes) or general food - dinner and things?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Archeron

Irish Lamb and Fresh salmon could be used for either a nice meal or party food. And of course, instead of having a bowl of punch in the middle of the table, have a big pot of Coddle complete with boiled sausages and rashers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - Can you be more specific?
    Are you talking about a party with a full sit-down meal (starter, mains, desert) or drinkies & finger food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lola_run

Hill Billy wrote:
    OP - Can you be more specific?
    Are you talking about a party with a full sit-down meal (starter, mains, desert) or drinkies & finger food?

finger food, as appetising as possible. I won't be able to have much fresh food, as I have to transport it home from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

lola_run wrote:
    finger food, as appetising as possible. I won't be able to have much fresh food, as I have to transport it home from Ireland.

lola_run:

Smoked salmon on brown bread is an obvious one.
    Maybe also a selection of Irish cheeses?
    Canapés made from good black & white pudding on small pieces of toasted soda bread?

Bowls of Tayto or King crisps are a must. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oh god yea... *drool* Nice work hill billy, that sounds deadly :D

Colcannon and curly kale with old money in it....

Advertisement