Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please review

Options
  • 03-02-2005 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Hello people..

Here's a short track i got done today, have a listen and let me know what you think.. i still haven't recieved my mic so this is all done using amplitube and i borrowed a ****ty bass off a friend!

it's pretty short as well, only 2mins 19sec.. but i want to extend it when there are lyrics put to it..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/bonzaibobmusic.htm

It's the 'rough demo'

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Dude, should probably be in the Bands/Musicians forum. Not strictly an instruments issue. </Moderator>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Ok, erm, how about this...

i used a strat, does it sound out of tune? i dunno.. erm...

is that better?:D

Hmmm....

Just listening to it. The riff at the 30 secondish mark is very RATMy. Bass needs something extra. Not sure. And the drums are annoying me.

Ooooh, solo.

Yeah very rage,,, Drop D sucker so i am! yeah the bass does need somethin extra, but it's hard to tell with my headphones as they have a lot of low end in them! and i got lazy with the drums.. repeating the same fills and all..

Yeah, I can understand that. There was something about that guitar tone that really annoyed me. I don't know what it was. IMO, it needed more gain :D

And I just found an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige with case, shipped for €650ish.... Yum :D

• Advertisement

:D.. i'd like to re-record it when i get the sm58 and use my amp and see how it turns out then.. will have another look at the session file tomoro and see what i can do about the main guitar.. i've been told it's kinda 'boring':( but that'll all change when there's some decent vocals on it and i play around with the structure

There's definately some things in there that I'd change. Even if you mimicked the vocal line on the guitar, it'd fill the song out a bit more.

yeah that's the reason i put the solo in there, to kind of fill the gap.. but i'd rather stay away from the whole 'vocal line on guitar' kind of thing.. at the moment i'm looking for a singer, actually i'm meetin one tomoro and if they listen to it with all this lead guitar over it they may be put off and just think i'm a vai fret wanker.. i'd like to leave it open to interpretention and build it around vocals even tho there aren't any there yet..

so in this paricular track it's obvious there will be vocals over the main bass line, then i'll bridge onto the main riff etc.. this track is just a basic idea of what the finished product will be.

Well, I just meant have the guitar line in there to give people an idea but not leave it in there in the final song. Look forward to hearing it when it's done.

hee hee, 'when it's done'.. lets hope it does get done!!! i'm not getting any more patient and the stage awaits!

hopefully all will go well with this singer tomoro

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know what it's like. I've never finished recording any of my songs. I get a riff, play around with it for a while, can't go anywhere with it and abandon it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The solo sounds out of key. Dunno if that was because it's a deliberate fill in.

Giblet wrote:
    The solo sounds out of key. Dunno if that was because it's a deliberate fill in.
    yeah there are a few notes out of key alright,, i dont care tho, it was the first thing that came out and i was just too tired at the time to do it over and over again... there was more but i just cut it out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

looking forward to hearing the finished version. The guitar tone does get a little grating by the end of the song, just a pointer.

cool man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Shank

Sounds great, solo seems too busy for the rhythm though, less notes would fit better I think good work

Advertisement