Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MacBook Air problem

• 03-07-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I purchased a MacBook Air in September 2013.

2 weeks ago i spilt coffee on my laptop, I read online how to fix this, so i cleaned the laptop and put it in a bag of rice, to absorb any remaining moisture. I left it in the bag for a day.

The next day it was working perfectly and I ha no problem with it until yesterday.

Yesterday I changed my password and then shut down my laptop to login with my new password. When i tried to turn it back on it would not. I thought it may have ran out if battery because it was on 9% at the time. I then charged it fully and it still wouldn't turn on.

My laptop is under 1 year old and is still covered under the apple warranty but this warranty does not cover accidental damage such as spilling coffee on it.

Is it possible that my laptop won't turn on because of a different problem other than the coffee?

Any other suggestions on what I should do and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Is it possible that my laptop won't turn on because of a different problem other than the coffee?

Possible, yes. Likely, no. Even if you manage to dry out the laptop, liquid spillages allow corrosion to set in (soft drinks are a killer for this) and your macbook may very well work for a few days before it packs in. Which would seem to be the case here.
    Any other suggestions on what I should do and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!
    To be honest, you're more than likely looking at bringing it to the mac store for an expensive repair unfortunately. I take it that it's not covered by your home insurance??

Advertisement