Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop won't play video or audio (e.g. Youtube)

Options
  • 01-07-2014 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

My laptop won't stream or play any youtube videos or mp3 files etc. I have tried reinstalling the latest realtek speaker drivers twice now with no luck. Any other suggestions I can try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

when you try to play a Youtube video what is the error it is giving you in the screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Youtube and videos now seem to be playing ok but still no sound (same goes for mp3s etc.) Headphones don't work either so it's not just the speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FJFreelance

My laptop won't stream or play any youtube videos or mp3 files etc. I have tried reinstalling the latest realtek speaker drivers twice now with no luck. Any other suggestions I can try?

Are you sure the drivers match your soundcard hardware? (use device manager)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks Freeware - all that shows up under sound controllers is: intel display audio (could this be it?) and realtek high def audio (I updated the drivers for this twice).

Advertisement