Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messiah 2 OR Magic 4

Options
  • 10-07-2003 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

ok i got my ps2 chipped with Magic 4, i asked him to get Messiah 2 but he said that its causing problems for some games and that magic 4 is better ? is it ?
    because if not, i am gonna have to tell him to change it to messiah 2 .

thanks.

and is there ne good Japenese games out there that ireland doesnt have.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When i was in America i got Suikoden 3, Xenosaga and Grandia Xtreme. All are Jap rpgs. Suikoden 3 doesn't have a hope of seeing a release in Europe and the other two are extremely doubtful. They are all meant to be excellent but I haven't played them yet since the PS2 isn't getting chipped til Firday. You should be able to pick them all up for 30 dollars each or less. A bargain, especially since the exchange rate is great at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I have Messiah 2 in mine and never had any probs. Can't comment on Magic 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive a messiah 2 in mine - works grande :) donno about magic 4

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mfield

Messiah 2 is alot more reliable than the Magic 4, the Magic chips run at a higher voltage than the Messiah 2 which can do damage if not installed correctly.

The Messiah 2 is the most reliable chip by far! You get what you pay for as they say! Get him to install a Messiah 2 and if he tells you it's causing problems with some games tell him he's installed it wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

has anyone had any experience with the dms3 chip? it seems to be the best out of the lot as its got upgradable firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

i think its the installer who does it that makes it reliable, i payed alot for my magic 3 but no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 upmanu

There is no such chip as a magic 4 it is just a magic clone, and if the installer is saying that it is better than a messiah 2 then he is just out to make money from you, messiah 2 will boot evrything including dvd9s but magic chips generally only boot basic backups and have a lot of trouble with cdrs so stay with the messiah. As for DMS3 there have been 5 different releases due to bugs so i would wait a while before getting one..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

er i found a website with magic 4 , anyway he installed "magic 4" .\
    tell me this is it possible to remove it and install another chip ?

because i tryed playing a few backups and sometimes they all run fine, but like today, i tryed playing The Mark of Kri and it kept saying NON PS2 DISC, but i turned ps2 off and on again and then it worked. So i have to do alot of restarting . Virtual fighter 4 doesnt work.\\

so is this a common problem with modchips or just this one ?\\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 upmanu

As far as I know they are not made by the original magic chip creators as they have only reached 3.5, the magic chips are very fussy with the type of dvdr, e.g. it might boot a datasafe disk and not a traxdata disk and i would imagine that these "magic 4" are using cloned code from the old magic 3s which had a lot of issues regarding games freezing etc.
    These chips can be removed and replaced as long as the original install was neat, and the messiah 2 for eg are tried and tested and will boot a wide range of dvdrs and also support dvd9s and hong kong silvers.
    The best disk at moment seems to be the Datasafe reds which were made specifically for ps2 and xboxes and retail for £1.00 sterling each.....hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Discussion of chipping on this forum is tolerated purely on the basis that it remains clear that it's a discussion regarding the playing of import games.

Outright discussion of piracy is not tolerated. The word "backups" doesn't change the fact that we all *know* what you're talking about.

upmanu has now been banned from this forum because not only have his posts prior to this thread all been advertising posts, when he DOES post non-advertising information it's piracy-related and it's clear he hasn't read the board charter. Bloody muppet.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement