Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 - unable to open door from outside

Options
  • 21-09-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all, looking for some advice.

I bought an 08 2.0 SE TDI A4 last Tues and all was goin fine until yesterday. While parked I hit the door lock button on driver door by mistake rather than door open. Re-opened the doors from inside, let the person in and drove on.

Next time I parked up and centrally locked the car from fob I came back to car and my driver door handle won't open any more. All 3 other doors are fine and if I let down windows and open using interior door handle and close again it will work from outside but never on initial unlocking from fob on exterior.

Not sure if hitting the inside door lock button has anything to do with it but it's all I can think could have happened.

I have a 6 month warranty so the advice I was hoping for was:
    1. Is this a common problem with this car and is it an easy/cheap fix
    2. Should the dealer help out seen as I've only had it 4 days but warranty only covers engine & gearbox.

Any advice welcome.

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Check the wiring between door and bulk-head, squeeze the 'big' rubber gromet (it's half way down door).. If your door now works; then you probably have a loose or worn wire... It would actually be worth prising this gromet of just to see if anything is obvious....

Advertisement