Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constantly itchy back

• 16-09-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Right folks I have constantly itchy back.... No rash visible but located on the left side. Any cream or ointments I can use or would a antihistamine help....I've changed wash powder but seeing as some of my clothes may have a build up it may take a while to notice if this could be the problem. Driving me crazy particularly as I can't reach the itch

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have you seen a dermatologist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

No am going to see doc first as it's driving me mad, it's on the left side just under the shoulder blade. I feel silly going about an itch though

Right so tried eurax cream tonight itch went away for half an hour ahhhh can't get to sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

How long has this been going on?

Itch 3 months on and off but intense constant itch 4 weeks . Trying to eliminate all creams first so that I can tell doc that they haven't worked. Getting up now to take anti hist.

• Advertisement

God. I'd have gone to the doctor long ago! trying to self medicate and having disruptive sleep isn't worth it when the doctor might be able to properly diagnose in 10 minutes.
    To come back to what you were saying about washing powder, have you had an opportunity to stay topless in the house for a while to see if that cures it?

Ha!! The hubbie wouldn't mind.... But that's not really the answer have to leave the house at some point !! .. Don't think it's clothes as I recently bought new Pajamas and itch didn't subside

Going to chemist to buy lanacane tomorrow

:) Not the solution but would prove fairly quickly if it was the washing powder. New pj's would have the same effect and be less controversial! I still think you should go to the doctor at this stage.

Certainly when I feel warmer itch tends to be worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Op I'm going to have to close this thread as it's going down the road of attempted diagnostics. Speak to your GP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement