Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control 4 in ireland

Options
  • 01-10-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Had Control 4 installed in my house, not very happy with the system. Seldom works, constantly needs resetting. Support and back-up appalling. Anybody with similar issues or any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 RonnieWhelan

Had Control 4 installed in my house, not very happy with the system. Seldom works, constantly needs resetting. Support and back-up appalling. Anybody with similar issues or any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm sure there is another thread in here concerning control4 and the lack of service they give and also the call out costs, have a search.

Call the installer make them take it back or fix it free of charge or replace with something else like Russound/Nuvo/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elbowq

Hi there,

This is a link to the distributers site. It lists all of the qualified installers. Pick one or two near you and give them call.

http://www.adi-av.com/where_to_buy.html

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kerri Gorm

Hi I have a good knowledge of Control 4, if you want to PM me I could give you some advice.#Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fitzy_fitzy

Sorry to jump into thread, but could do with some assistance.
    Have control 4 a few years now, there has been a few issues!!
    Maybe someone could advise
    Had most of my lighting on the inline dimmer system.
    They failed one by one. Got advice to change out capacitors. Did so and got sorted but for how long?

Have 2 7" touch panel that have lines going through them now, it hard to make out screen now. Same applies to 7" remote touch panel.
    These touch panels had vey little use. If I recollect the 3 of them could cost 3000 to 4000. Maybe more.

Got four remote controls, only two of them work now.

Got the control 4 radio, that needs to plugged out and in for it to work temporarily

After sales is terrible

Anyone here who had similar faults, if so what did they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

as previous poster said contact your installer if they are not gone out of business, i'd imagine you are out of warranty with the keypads though.

• Advertisement

Ya I contacted them, they said I needed new screens. But still waiting for a price. I have emailed them on three occasions looking for a price.

If I fork out the crazy money for screens, what are the chances of it happening again.
    The reason I posted on the thread was to see did anyone else have similar issues with the touch screens. The screens were only installed two years when all three started to have lines going through them 688d0de5e5a7062377afc0176ca53a95_zpsd1462686.jpg9b7cb7c1cf9d60f35a6899ce987f6f07_zps52d0ba1e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HifiHut: Daniel

Those are the older type touch panels which weren't great. You're also running a pre 2.0 firmware which could be because you have some legacy (incompatible) devices in the system, but 2.0 was released in 2010.

Since the cisco investment in Control4 the newer devices have been much better and haven't had the previous reliability problems. You should consider putting in either a HC-250 or HC-800 as a new main controller for the system, then replace your touch pads with iPad minis and the Control4 app (unless you really need the intercom functionality, in which case the new touch pads are far superior to the old ones, but not cheap).

One thing I will say though is to consider a home automation system like a car - it does need service from time to time to keep everything working correctly. It's unfortunate that you have some products that are giving trouble, but try not to write off the whole system yet.

Ya haven’t updated the firmware yet purely because I can’t afford too.
    Need to buy a new controller and a few more bits and bobs. This was not told to me when purchasing my original system.
    My own naivety is a fault for that.

As regards the touch screens, that is inexcusable.
    3 out of the 3 I bought starting showing problems within two years of purchase.
    These cost the bones of €4000 maybe more . Well if control4 was selling substandard products, well then it should be there responsibility to replace or repair I would imagine.

25 in-line dimmers failed one by one after a year also. These came too about €5000. Luckily enough I was able to get them repaired but for how long.

Daniel what kind of Car do you think Control 4 reflects???? I have my opinion.

Cheers for your response though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HifiHut: Daniel

To be fair I've never seen that level of equipment failure on a single system, so I can completely understand your frustration.

Also my car comment was a little more of a general thing rather than anything directed at you, more of a case that most systems can be maintained in good order if tended to by good installers every year or 2.

At a bare minimum you could get away with a HC-250 and an iPad as a system update, which may be worth a look.

I'd love to say a little more but I think it would be outside my remit here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement