Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 8 touchscreen problem

• 16-06-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My nan has a brand new advent laptop with windows 8. She is using the touchscreen instead of the touchpad because its easier for her to navigate. She is having some bother with the screen though and sometimes when she is trying to select something it gets stuck jumping between the menu. I can't figure out what is happening or even how to adjust the touchscreen settings. Can anyone help me out here? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,161 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

KimBlaides wrote: »
    My nan has a brand new advent laptop with windows 8. She is using the touchscreen instead of the touchpad because its easier for her to navigate. She is having some bother with the screen though and sometimes when she is trying to select something it gets stuck jumping between the menu. I can't figure out what is happening or even how to adjust the touchscreen settings. Can anyone help me out here? Thank you

May I assume you're talking about when you have 2 programs side-by-side (snapped) and you want to open a third program?

In that instance, it's a feature not a bug: the 3rd program hovers over to the divider and then it's left up to the user to specify whether they want it to snap to the left or the right, depending on what program they want to minimize to open the 3rd app.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KimBlaides

No I don't mean anything like that. I mean when she is just on the start screen and wants to go into an app, sometimes the screen seems to glitch and jump continuously between the apps making her unable to make a selection. Its like if an arrow button the keyboard is jammed but with a touchscreen instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭DizzyDamsel

I have the same problem when using my tablet, it only happens when the tablet is plugged into the mains, that might be the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Are you sure it isn't a Windows 8 problem? I have been teaching IT for years but Windows 8 is a nightmare. I avoid using it wherever possible and would rather buy a used laptop/tablet with Windows 7 than a new machine with Windows 8..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,161 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

annascott wrote: »
    Are you sure it isn't a Windows 8 problem? I have been teaching IT for years but Windows 8 is a nightmare. I avoid using it wherever possible and would rather buy a used laptop/tablet with Windows 7 than a new machine with Windows 8..

That's not really an option for most people, and consequently not very helpful.

If anyone can upload a video of the problem, that would be very helpful. I have a touch screen laptop and 2 windows surfaces and am unfamiliar with the problem described.

• Advertisement
Advertisement