Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Laptops x 2

• 04-07-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭

Am looking for 2 x Dell Laptops with i5 Processor for two starting college.

Anything on offer at the moment you guy's would recommend?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

http://www.dell.co.uk/outlet
    This is the Dell UK outlet site. I got a refurbished laptop here for a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

What kind of college work?

also - why i5 and does it need to be dell?

And also - any other important factors? Portability? Cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

km991148 wrote: »
    What kind of college work?

also - why i5 and does it need to be dell?

And also - any other important factors? Portability? Cost?

General use would best describe the needs I would think, engineering I think but am not sure, so graphics might be something to bare in mind for drawing applications?

Intel because that's my preference for any use. Just never liked AMD.

i5 because it's kind of in the middle and I think it far out performs the i3 considering the price difference.

Dell because they have been work horses for me over many many years, but that's not to say I wouldn't entertain other manufacturers with the exception of two, Sony and Tosh are non runners regardless of Spec or price, hate both with a passion for many different reasons. Another reason I like Dell is they still seem to have maintained a certain sturdiness to their housings compared to many of the others with their flimsy recycled crap casings.

RAM: 4GB - 8GB

Storage: 500GB - 1TB

Budget is €400 - €600 max shipped.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

cool - was curious as it seemed quite specific - I dont have tome to look now - but you seem to know enough to be able to find one for your price point. For gen us the i3 aint too shabby btw if there are savings to be made - but I dont know much about individual processors - i.e. i am sure there are i3 that ar ebetter than some specific i5s etc..

One tip - try and sign up for the dell VIP club for extra savings..

Advertisement