Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on-line gaming - got realy abusive

Options
  • 07-07-2003 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am ashamed. I became one of those on-line tossers that everyone just hates and cant wait to see them get kicked, used rude messages, abused people and just in general a pain in the arce. Was in a rotten mood ....

This has never happened to me before as most on-line gamers (outside of Quake obviously) are very polite... all the MOH ones are anyway.

I am not worthy of the honour of on-line gaming for I have sinned! :(

Anything like that ever happen to you?

The Duke : ))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

What name were you playing under?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

The Duke...

only name I ever use... not on of those multi name hussies me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

complete different point, thanks for the advice on the hardware Matt ... I've placed my order with komplett.ie and can hardly sleep with exitement :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

It happens to all of us once in a while. However if this wasnt just a once ina while you should be ashamed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

norty boy

/me gets the paddle

and dont worry in CS there's about 1,000,000 you's who aren't sorry about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

Happened to me yesterday while playing Day of Defeat. I found myself on a team of complete retards, and was basically on my own. After losing about 20 rounds in a row i got very frustrated and mowed down my entire team (of about 7 people) when we spawned at the start of the round....all with 1 clip from my MP40 sub-machinegun (which is actually pretty impressive :D)
    I very rarely get to this point, but it does happen on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

i got pissed off at a lan shouted at people and nearly broke my mouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I got a bit annoyed playing a bit of generals online.

You can tell before the game starts if theyre arseholes. 152-wins, 23-losses, 800-disconnects.....
    My stats ended up at 8 losses and 4 wins 0 disc. Almost everytime i had the advantage the oppisition would claim i cheated and pull his ineternet out. I think i would have ended up with about 12 wins if there wasnt so many disconnects of the other players.

The only time (that comes to mind) that i was one of those areholes was in cs when me and a friend were playing and we just had a laugh by talking the piss out of the othere players. I dont really regret that because they were " YOu shot me!!, CHeat0r!!" kinda people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I try not to get angry at retards online, like the ones who say Cheater or hacker when you kill them, it can get annoying after you have killed them 20 times in a row and they havent even touched you, so wut i usually do is just keep a close eye on them follow them into every server they go into and whoop thier asses all over again, that way they are always running from me :), the trouble is there is too much of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Go play some sims online, Falcon4 or Flashpoint. Or some of the better MMORPGs.
    You'll find it's generally older more mature gamers who are more serious about having a good time (lovely paradox that:)) and a better time is generally had.

oh, btw, CS is 4 faegs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

That Generals thing is a pain in the arse alright. When I used play Total Annihilation on Boneyards I got pretty jaded about the whole win/loss record system.

As for FPS games, it's all about finding a good server. The Irish CS one's were nice in their day. Plenty of teamwork and plenty of chat.

Advertisement