Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank draft now ex wrote to TSB

Options
  • 17-07-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Through our solicitors myself and ex agreed to withdraw funds from joint savings in permanent TSB. on the day he got cash and I got a bank draft. I got a call that my ex has since written to them to not release any money til we get to court. This made no sense as there is a lock on the account and both signatures are required. I lodged the bank draft on the 14th and it's now the 17th and it's still not cleared.

I thought once I had the draft I'd get the money but could my ex have caused issues on this?? I am so worried as I have already bought some of the back to school items expecting this money to be in the account. Should I ring TSB who issued draft or maybe AIB where I lodged draft?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A TSB draft being lodged to AIB can take up to 5 working days to clear, so I wouldn't start panicking just yet. If you got a bank draft the money was debited from the TSB account as soon as the draft was issued, the same was as your ex's cash was. If it's not showing up as cleared by monday evening then I'd get on to AIB first of all, and see has it come back with any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Grand - thanks for that.. still not cleared but I'll be checking daily. would have thought it was ok but anxious that there may be an issue. Hopefully will clear by tomorrow or monday. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement