Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name taken by guards

Options
  • 02-11-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

So last night after a halloween party i was walking home with a few friends. We ended up splitting into two groups and somebody in the group ahead took a small (1 litre) bottle of milk that was outside centra. Guards pulled up and then took everybodies (all 9) name and details. The guard wrote the names down not a scrap of paper, not a notebook, and other people in the group said it was just to scare us, but i'm really stressing out about this, wondering if I'm going to get a criminal record over it? To make matters worse I was the only one that gave the real name and adress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

if you didnt rob the milk you have nothing to worry about and the centra probably has a camera which will show you did not take it. Its a good thing that you gave your real name and address as not doing so is a criminal offence.(which all your friends have now committed).Dont worry about it. Sounds like guards were just putting the wind up ye and even if they are serious you are in the clear.If they get on to you looking for your friends real names and addresses say that you will call into the station after you have talked to your solicitor.And then talk to your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adazers

They didn't charge us, does that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

adazers wrote: »
    They didn't charge us, does that matter?

The process is: arrested, detained, accused, chaged, tried, found guilty and sentenced. None of those thigns happened, you do not have a criminal record.

The only take the name in case something happens in the furture - and probably to scare you.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement