Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What JRPG are you currently playing?

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Akiba's Trip arrived today, so far it has been a lot of fun with a very lively and deeply explorable setting, the fan service is there in abundance as well, which might be a turn off to some, but it is quite well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

breath of fire 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Xenji wrote: »
    Started playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky this morning, only a few hours in, but really enjoying it.

Some of the best dialogue and characters in any RPG. Felt a bit short to me so savour it while it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've played about 3 hours of Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS. It's the first Fire Emblem I've played, even though I own Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Just recruited Donnel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I've played about 3 hours of Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS. It's the first Fire Emblem I've played, even though I own Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Just recruited Donnel.

God damn I still wanna try that game so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Which one? Because FE:A is on sale on the eshop right now. If you have the money, it's a good time to pick it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Which one? Because FE:A is on sale on the eshop right now. If you have the money, it's a good time to pick it up.

I need to get a 3ds first lol :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,821 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just beat Persona 3 Portable. It was a nice reminder of just how amazing that game is. A real contender for best RPG of all time.

Anyone played Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 before?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,821 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The original was meant to be chock full of fan service and not a great game but apparently this one has been given a massive overhaul and if it's anything like Gusts remakes of the PS3 atelier games it could be good. I'd look out for reviews of it first. The guy from USGamer/Moegamer loves the series so they might not give an unbiased opinion if he is the one reviewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 zagaluke

Just finished breath of fire III on the PS1! has to be one of my favourite games out there, after ff9 and ff12.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The original was meant to be chock full of fan service and not a great game but apparently this one has been given a massive overhaul and if it's anything like Gusts remakes of the PS3 atelier games it could be good. I'd look out for reviews of it first. The guy from USGamer/Moegamer loves the series so they might not give an unbiased opinion if he is the one reviewing.

Took the plunge and got it,enjoying it so far,lots of grinding though.

zagaluke wrote: »
    Just finished breath of fire III on the PS1! has to be one of my favourite games out there, after ff9 and ff12.

Ff9 is a favourite of mine, I never liked the breath of fire games tbh though.

Breath of fire was near legend of dragoon levels of bad, the second game is good but has an appalling translation. 3 is pretty good and 4 is a classic. Dragon Quarter is weird. Once you get over the fact you need to play it multiple times its one of the best RPGs ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Dragon Quarter is great but I fully admit I never would have been bothered to beat it without cheats.
    UDON are putting out a Breath of Fire artbook in a few months and I'll be getting it purely for the dragon quarter art.
    The aesthetic and atmosphere in the game are beautiful. I think it would do quite well as an download release if it was ported to current consoles since there's much more appetite for permadeath these days.

Advertisement