Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity donation for court?

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, my mate was recently in court and he has to make a donation to charity, he's asked me to throw up a thread here to simply ask, how exactly does he go about this?
    Will he get a receipt to bring to court again as proof etc...

Much thanks,
    Cian.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

If the charity has been nominated by the court or if it's his own choice then he should obtain a receipt and bring it to court for his solicitor to show the judge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    If the charity has been nominated by the court or if it's his own choice then he should obtain a receipt and bring it to court for his solicitor to show the judge

Does it have to be shown to the actual judge rather then the Clerk of the court or whoever is responsible for accepting fine payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

He hasn't mentioned that he has a charity nominated so I'd say he has the choice, so just ask for a receipt to give to the solicitor?
    That's perfect, lads. I'll pass it on, thanks. :)

Advertisement