Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista compatability issues

Options
  • 27-10-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help before I smash this laptop to bits, :mad:
    The laptop is a HP pavilion dv800
    I recently had a fatal error which was traced back to the internet explorer, i got advice from Pc world who suggested installing a windows vista upgrade which was service pack one.
    So pc works fine except the mouse control is conflicting with the software its a synaptics pointer device. I got the 32 bit upgrade for this from synaptics website but has not fixed the problem,the help centre could only suggest reinstalling. Where do i go from here, Can i just buy or get a mouse pointer fitted and install new software .

many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try un-installing and re-installing the synaptics touchpad software

Advertisement