Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing the AC adapter

Options
  • 25-10-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hi every one,my hp laptop's ac adapter has burned up.it says 18.5v 90watt on it.i have another ac adapter from a different hp laptop that says 18.5v 120watt,they have the same type of plug.so i plug it in and it works,but i didn't use it for too long just because i'm afraid it will damage the laptop.is anyone know if it's ok or not?thanx!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

it wont damage it, work away

in fact the 120watt one is better.

90watts mean it can just handle that much current before it would run out of juice.

as long as the voltage is 18.5v its good to go
    120watts is pretty high for a laptop, must be a pretty good spec hp

• Registered Users Posts: 16 longdub

it wont damage it, work away

in fact the 120watt one is better.

90watts mean it can just handle that much current before it would run out of juice.

as long as the voltage is 18.5v its good to go
    120watts is pretty high for a laptop, must be a pretty good spec hp

thanx for the reply.
    in fact this 120watt ac adapter is for a hp dock station which has about more than 15 different ports,i think that's why it's very it's very powerful.:D

Advertisement