Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mouse pointer

• 22-10-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just have my brand new Dell Studio 17 here, take me a while to get it setup the way i want, but have a question.

The mouse pointer seems to be a bit slow, its 4GB and decent processor, so i really wasnt expecting this, its almost like it a slow machine.

Any suggestions from anyone?
    Im going to use that de crap thing that takes the preloaded programs of Dells, but just thought id throw the question to see if anyone has a definate answer.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what do you define is slow?

is it just slow moving but still smooth?

or is it jerky and unresponsive?

if it's the former you can change it's sensitivity in Control Panel >> mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

No its not that its slow moving due to settings, although i have adjust that as i like it responsive.

Its slow as in you move it, but it stops and starts a bit. You know if i was moving it from one position to another it would stop for a split second, then jump to where it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Mouse mat's hardly dirty, is it? Or is there something running in the background? Check with task manager or process explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Prenderb wrote: »
    Mouse mat's hardly dirty, is it? Or is there something running in the background? Check with task manager or process explorer.

Not mouse mat, its a laptop touch pad.
    You could be right about the things running in the backround as Dell put alot of junk on their machines.

But i really didnt think it would have a noticable effect on a new machine, its only going to get worse once i load on the programs i need as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Please try the following:
    1. Test in safe mode.turn on and keep tapping f8 go into safe mode and see if it happens.

2. Also make sure your hands are clean , not oily and aswell not wet.
    3. Check with an external usb mouse if same issue.
    4. You could also do a static discharge in case that is affecting anything.
    Turn off computer take out ac adaptor,Battery and anything else connected.
    Hold down power button for 30 seconds.
    5. Also test with startup items disabled.
    In vista click start type in system . go to system configuration.
    Select startup and select diasable all.Apply ok and restart.
    XP start run msconfig .Select startup and select diasable all.Apply ok and restart.

Reply with results of above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement