Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Pickem: Boards league 2016

Options
  • 02-01-2016 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Happy new year everyone on the MMA forum.

We're kicking off this year with a brand new boards UFC Pickem League. Last year was great craic and got very competitve in the last few weeks. It really was wide open right down to the wire.

First of all, thanks very much to Paully D for his trojan work in administering the league last year. Wouldnt have happened without him. Well done Paully D. Paully has passed the reins onto myself and ASOT and we will do our best to make it as successful as last year.

Any returning players can access the new league via this link:

http://bit.ly/1TvmkM4

**Some people last year had trouble accessing these types of links on mobile devices**

For new players, first of all welcome and good luck. You can register here:

http://ufcpickem.fightmetric.com

Follow the prompts/links to register.

Or by doing a google search for ''UFC Pickem'' and selecting ufc.com/fantasy

Once you are registered you can click on the link above for 'returning players' and you will be joined to the league.

Just a little info for ye.

We are hoping to announce winners for:

-Each event
    -Each calendar Month
    -Overall winner for the year

We figured that by having event and monthly winners, then we will still be able to pick up new people throughout the year as they will still have something to play for.

There are bound to be many snags along the way, particularly in the early days but please bear with us!!

Good luck everyone!!!!

John_D80 & ASOT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Fair play lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

First event of the year is tonight guys.

UFC 195

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057541181

Get your picks in guys, if you haven't already.

Good luck all!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cheers for keeping it ticking over lads and good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm in. Good stuff lads.

If my betting record is anything to go by, I've no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

In again. First link worked fine this year I seem to remember having issues with it last year. Just moved country so don't have time to go through properly so have gone with lots of decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Back in biz! Happy New year all, Cheers to the lads who are keeping it running and Paully who initiated the league in the first place.

Have doubts about getting off to a good start with this card went for some dodgy picks I reckon mostly due to a number of 50-50 bouts including the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I followed the link for new people, registered and made my picks, I don't see any mention of being part of a league though, did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

In, great idea and I'm mad at myself for missing out last year, only found out about it.

Good luck to all (but not too good ;)).

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I followed the link for new people, registered and made my picks, I don't see any mention of being part of a league though, did I miss something?

http://bit.ly/1TvmkM4

Try this.

You might need to be logged in in another window though.

Any new people who have registered.

Even if you cant seem to join the league today because of the device you are using, there's no need to panic.

Main thing is getting registered and getting your picks in for tonights event. You can always join the league later when you can get to a PC etc. and you're points will still go on the league table.

• Advertisement

Also guys,

Could anyone whose registered name on Pickem is different to their boards name, please post it here?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I can see it now, I'm sitting pretty at the bottom of the table, most likely I'll be down there all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just joined there. I gave up last year when my first 3 events were never saved, but I've triple triple checked this time and I hope it works.

Just joined there. I gave up last year when my first 3 events were never saved, but I've triple triple checked this time and I hope it works.

This happened a few times to a few people last year as well.

This year, we are hoping that if the same happens again, guys wont lose interest because there will be a monthly winner and they can still stay involved from month to month even if they've lost points towards their annual total.

Hopefully this will mean we can also keep recruiting new players as the year goes on. Even though they wont be able to win the annual title, every new month is a fresh start for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

John_D80 wrote: »
    This happened a few times to a few people last year as well.

This year, we are hoping that if the same happens again, guys wont lose interest because there will be a monthly winner and they can still stay involved from month to month even if they've lost points towards their annual total.

Hopefully this will mean we can also keep recruiting new players as the year goes on. Even though they wont be able to win the annual title, every new month is a fresh start for everyone.

Exactly this lads, it happened to myself and Axwell who were near the top and it's heartbreaking when you out effort in for months and then it doesn't save. So hopefully with the new monthly winners people will stay involved! Iv Litrally started saving about 18 times just to be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Hey all, new to this and joined the league. Great idea, didn't know about it last year. Looking forward to tonight's event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

My name is Fuzzy Dunlop rather than Easy Rod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Subcomandante Marcos is in the house.

Made some wild picks for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No idea about most of the card but I joined the league for the craic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Happy new year lads. Missed the boat on the previous one but looking forward to this it'll make some of the fights abit more exciting and as a great man once said

"I'm cocky in prediction, I'm confident in preparation, but I'm always humble in victory or defeat" :)

• Advertisement

Welcome aboard to all the new players. We have over 30 people registered in the league now.

The winner tonight gets 20e from Paully lads.

ASOT wrote: »

Speaking of Paully, I dont think he has registered. As far as I remember his Pickem username was Paully as well an I dont see it on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Quick question...is this like the fight thread polls where we can make our pick after we know who wins? :)

Speaking of Paully, I dont think he has registered. As far as I remember his Pickem username was Paully as well an I dont see it on the list.

Sunderland beat villa I would assume if he drinks he's on the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I just registered there. Username: ElGuapo...

I wasn't in last year's one but I was in the ones we did a few years ago and they were good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »

Haha! Unfortunately I won't be in for now lads. I'm going to leave it for the time being. As well as not having the time to sit down and pick properly for the immediate future I also found it was spoiling my enjoyment of the fights a little towards the end as I was just wanting my fantasy pick to win via the method I had selected rather than just enjoying the fights for what they were. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I'm H0kee this year , the username Hoki is 'not allowed' for some strange reason. Think I finished top 5 last year so will be hoping for top 3 this year :o

I'd imagine the majority of us are staying up to watch Duffy/Poirier tonight, so I would just like to remind everyone (especially the new guys) to check and double check your picks. Too many guys got burned last year.

Remember the picks are not locked in until you click on the 'SAVE' button.

• Advertisement

What an event to kick off the year!! Most definitely was worth staying up for. We've already had the type card that every other will have to live up to for the rest of year.

Anyways with out further ado the Winner of for this event is:

Dilapidating

It was a very close run thing with only 10 points in it between him and the two that tied for 2nd.

Here's your prize Dilapidating. Remember its harder to keep than it is to get. ;-)

the_best_trophy.jpg

For everyone else, If it was your first event and you didn't do as well as you would have liked, dont worry. Its a long slog and there are always good and bad weeks. Plenty guys (including myself) who were challenging for the title last year are finding themselves near the bottom of the table after this event.

Next event is two weeks away on the 17th. Dillashaw vs Cruz. Get your picks in.

Now feel free to bitch and moan about how you were let down by a certain fighter/ref/judge!!

Advertisement